Author Topic: 21 year old Texas Girl has got it....why can't others  (Read 2714 times)

barnjoer

21 year old Texas Girl has got it....why can't others
« on: June 25, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »
 She has the right idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                           Texas girl and she's just 21! IF YOU CANíT FIX IT WITH A HAMMER,YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM"

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someoneís rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Govt subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:40:15 PM by Robert Harvey »
John
He Who Expects Nothing Won't Be Deceived!!
TEXAS CHL / NRA /
Carry LOADED Always!!

Coastie

Re: 21 year old Texas Girl has got it....why can't others
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »
John, you raise them right in Texas....;)

barnjoer

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:58:51 PM »
Thanks Michael but I 4 boys, but if I had A girl I hope she would be like this one.
John
He Who Expects Nothing Won't Be Deceived!!
TEXAS CHL / NRA /
Carry LOADED Always!!

Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • New User
    • Co-admin of rolepayingtips.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
So bascially according to this girl, Joe worker used to earn $30,000 a year for the past decade or more working for corporation X. Now he's unemployed because his job got out sourced over seas, and now becuase he needs government assistance to put food on the table for his family and a roof over their head, it's now acceptable to take away their right to vote and treat them with any less respect they had when they were employed?

The poor are still Americans, and every bit our equals. The right to vote is just that a right, not a privilege to be granted to a select/privileged portion of the country. Anything less and we are not living in a "free country."

Calling it a "conflict of interest" with their right to vote because of government subsistence? By that same logic we should also remove the right to vote from school teachers, postal workers and every other government employee as well as armed forces (and their families/relatives.)  ::) (Hey, they depend on the government for their income too right?)

On a more practical note, around here (Vermont) those that wish to receive welfare already must work 20 to 30 hours per week (in community service type jobs) or prove they are looking for work (as in filled out applications, gone to interviews etc..) or they don't get assistance. Most would welcome a job that would get them off the system.

I have honest doubts anyone really wants to be on a fixed income barely above the poverty line compared to working a full time job.

I know several people who go out day after day, willing to take any job but still unable to get one because they have so much training and experience (college degrees or 15+ years of experience in their chosen work field) the dead end jobs that are hiring refuse to take them.
"Lead by example or get out of the way."

25 years of firearms experience, 2 years Army National Guard service, CCing for 1 & 1/2 years and counting.

Member of :
Pink Pistols ( http://pinkpistols.org/ )
Second Amendment Sisters ( http://www.2asisters.org/ )

SARGeek

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »
I've been out of work. I've run past the end of my unemployment benefits. Was digging through my savings at a terrible rate to keep the bills paid before I got work. I was told not to even bother applying for any assistance because I was a white male and it just wasn't going to happen.

I got a job (first a lower end job that just kept the wolf from the door, and then gradually worked back into better spots that used my ed & experience) and fought my way back. All the time watching young single "undocumented aliens" drive cars with big rims and bigger stereos around town during the day when I was pounding the pavement looking for work or going from job to job doing install work.

Did I have help? Yes, the workforce center provided free internet and job listings that weren't available elsewhere. But beyond that I was on my own outside of what help came from my family. Even the private charities were "monitored" to ensure they were "correctly distributing" anything they gave out if the got even one dollar from any government source.

Welfare is broke. I don't agree with the extremes necessarily but the current system promotes abuse, makes it pay *less* for someone on it to take a job, and offers no path to employment such as training and internships. It needs serious overhaul. I don't agree with removing people rights and I do think a safety net is a good idea but welfare is not a right and abusing it should have consequences. It should also be more comfortable off welfare than on.
SARGeek

mustang125

21 year old Texas Girl has got it....why can't others
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »
Bottom line is our system is broke. I know of a couple who has three kids together but are not married because then they might lose there benefits, aka government assistance. Nether of them have ever worked a full time job and are in there upper thirties. I had to visit them  and they had a 42" tv in the bedroom and a 72" tv in the living room. PS3 and X-box were right next to it. I asked him about the new tv and he said he bought it with his , drum roll please, tax return. I mentioned above he and his girl friend do not work at all. He gets a $6000 tax return for not working and I had to pay $800 for working my ars off. They drive a newer car and have full cable and cell phones thanks to the working people. Yes some people do need help but these people need a job and a boot in the rear. Gov assistance is a temporary thing to help someone get back on there feet. It was not designed to be a life style. I know a person that lost his job due to his job going to Mexico. He now works two jobs and his wife now works. They would never sponge off other people just because they lost there job. Which one of these family's are my hero?

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 10:18:59 AM »
It iz broken!  It has been for a while...

One of my older sisters had been on welfare for most of her life.  She wanted it and she "couldn't" work.  She had one job after high school and a couple of years at a community college that she quit because she didn't like the manager, who was younger than she was, telling her what to do!  :o (sheesh!)  She opted not to move to Florida where one of her sons had moved to after his military service because she didn't want to "lose" her CA benefits, and she got another two sons into welfare as well.  I am sure at one time perhaps the high time she was on this welfare she was earning well over $40K a year, enough to keep her in cigarettes, which eventually killed her.

We also hear of others on welfare - it's in the news almost monthly of someone who defrauds welfare in some way shape or form.  I just read a news story a couple of weeks ago about an Oregon woman who received a million dollar tax refund and by the time the government (IRS) found it out, she'd spent most of it...