Author Topic: So, how does your pistol or revolvers stack up?  (Read 4786 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
So, how does your pistol or revolvers stack up?
« on: November 05, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »
How does your revolver stack up against other revolvers and pistols?

You might be surprised. Visit: http://pistols-and-revolvers.pikimal.com/
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Charles1951

Re: So, how does your pistol or revolvers stack up?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
How does your revolver stack up against other revolvers and pistols?

You might be surprised. Visit: http://pistols-and-revolvers.pikimal.com/

And who is pikimal any way?  ??? No offense, but I don't think this rating is relevant to majority of people reading this forum.  8) But I perceive that is the point of your posting.  :)
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »
Not to pull the football away from your kicking, Charles, the post was for general enlightenment and some may find entertaining. Some may agree or disagree with where their pistol or revolver ranked - according to the guidelines.

I think that this site is for discussing firearms? When did it change?

Let the viewers decide for themselves. Would it surprise you that the Ruger SR9 is rated higher than the Taurus PT709 Slim?

According to the site: "Pikimal allows you to sort, compare and review the facts and specifications of thousands of products and choices. Whether you’re researching televisions, flat irons or cars, we believe the Internet shouldn’t make it more confusing or difficult to make the right decision. Use Pikis to find what’s best for you!"
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

chiefrcd

• Retired Deputy Fire Chief/Fire Marshal
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »
Once I saw the first three, I stopped reading and started laughing.  I guess it is good as a entertaining piece but the top three took all the credibility away for me.  Just my opinion.
Have Gun ~ Will Carry
S-Safety
M-Motivation
A-Awareness
R-Responsibility
T-Training

Fighting for our Constitution, feel free to join in.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »
Once I saw the first three, I stopped reading and started laughing.  I guess it is good as a entertaining piece but the top three took all the credibility away for me.  Just my opinion.

It does get you chuckling doesn't it. It did me.

Charles1951

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 03:35:11 PM »
Not to pull the football away from your kicking, Charles, the post was for general enlightenment and some may find entertaining. Some may agree or disagree with where their pistol or revolver ranked - according to the guidelines.

I think that this site is for discussing firearms? When did it change?

Let the viewers decide for themselves. Would it surprise you that the Ruger SR9 is rated higher than the Taurus PT709 Slim?

According to the site: "Pikimal allows you to sort, compare and review the facts and specifications of thousands of products and choices. Whether you’re researching televisions, flat irons or cars, we believe the Internet shouldn’t make it more confusing or difficult to make the right decision. Use Pikis to find what’s best for you!"

I meant no offense. Yeah, I'm speaking only for myself, I guess.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 03:43:07 PM »
No problem  :D

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 03:51:36 PM »
Well none of my current firearms made the top 10, I still like mine just fine.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

RacerRon

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »
My Glocks are all square enough that they actually stack quite nicely.....Try for yourself :)  no need for a web opinion on this.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 07:34:03 PM »
My Glocks are all square enough that they actually stack quite nicely.....Try for yourself :)  no need for a web opinion on this.
lolrof ;D
Time will tell.

clarson_75

• New User
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »
I have been carrying a g23 since i got my CCP, but have recently been looking at a taurus public defender because of 2 things.  1st is the lighter polymer version and the second is the new .410 ammo that they have been developing for this gun.

MRBARRY

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 03:48:25 PM »
You might be surprised.
That was quite the understatement. ;)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 04:20:35 PM »
I find it interesting that whoever contributed to the listing considers the G24 and G34 as "compact" size pistols. I know maybe two people those guns could be compacts for.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Bill MO

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
Interesting to see what the experts think, but believe I'll just choose my own gun.
"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

"If you are not training in “the reality of the fight” you are training to a lower standard." Roger Phillips

"It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby." reinman45

Brademan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 08:29:08 PM »
I, too, was amused until I realized that the list of criteria on the left hand margin are things you can click to customize the list.  The default page appears to be someone's individual set of criteria, but not necessarily THE ranking of everyone who's had input.  I clicked the left hand category of "Best Defensive" and got a completely different list.

Maybe I'll play around a bit more over there.
Brademan
Special Projects Manager - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Admin - ACLDN Forum
Patron Member - NRA
Aikidoka, Harley owner, steel crafter, shooter, Plain speaker

Coastie

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »
When Gun Tests first tested the Kel-Tec PF-9, they didn't like the trigger pull, and thus rated it poorly, back in 2008.  Now-a-days they like it and consider it the best of the smaller 9 mms, and first to the Kahr CM9 (which placed 2nd).  But one reason is because of the CM9's high price, as compared to the PF-9.

Once owners become familiar with the trigger pull, they tend to love the firearm.  Sure it's a longer pull than most similar weapons, but it is a fine weapon.  The Kel-Tec is the lightest weapon around.  It easily fits in some pockets without the finger extension on the magazine (although I love that extension) and it is smooth all over.  The mag release button is not accidentally hit. 

Gun Tests noted that the PF-9 was the easiest of several type weapons, Ruger LC9, and was also the most inexpensive.  GT basically thought that the LC9 was almost an exact copy of the PF-9, although it was more expensive and heavier.  They also considered the Ruger LCP a copy of the KT P-3AT. 

I've had my PF-9 since 2007 and love it.  It eats what I feed it, hasn't had an firing problems whatsoever and it fits like a dream in my concealment t-shirt.  Can't get any better than that, as for not breaking the bank when I bought it for around $250. 

Willful

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 08:01:53 AM »
Interesting site. It was fun to compare different guns, and to compare this site to Genitron. I guess reliability is too subjective a criteria to list. When I first got to this Piki site I saw that the PF-9 was listed as #8. I really liked the way the PF-9 felt in my hand, and how easily the slide was to rack by hand. That was before I was told by one of the guys behind the counter at a local and reputable armory that the PF-9 is not a reliable gun. So I never shot one. Since then, I have learned that the PF-9 has a higher recoil factor than the gun I chose, the CW9. I really like that we have so many choices, and the technology to compare them with so many different viewpoints. Thanks for posting that link.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 04:34:25 PM »
Played with it.  My Colt Python ranks #26.  My Kimber Gold Custom Combat couldn't even make the first 84.  Makes me chuckle.
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 10:20:58 AM »
My Glock 19 is #6, that really makes me feel good and safe, WOW!! Figured if it didn't make the top 10 I was going to have to go out and buy another gun..who is pikimal  ???
US Navy Veteren
Ruger SP 101 357 3" Barrel
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

MilProGuy

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 01:19:54 AM »
I was "amused" at the number of derringers in the top forty.
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »
Very interesting thanks for posting, lots of gun companies I've never heard of.
US Navy Veteren
Ruger SP 101 357 3" Barrel
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

Coastie

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 09:31:57 AM »
I really don't care how mine stacks up with others.  Mine were carefully researched, owned, fired and loved for dozens (+) of years before some of the new and shiny weapons even made it to the respective drawing boards, and they work! 

As long as they work as promised, then I don't give a rat's(buttocks) how they compare to any other firearm !!

8)