Author Topic: Local Reloading Shop  (Read 1349 times)

Brademan

• Global Moderator
Local Reloading Shop
« on: June 13, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I just discovered that I have a thousand or so cases in several calibers that I'd like to get reloaded.  In years gone by, there used to be a few shops that would reload your brass for a decent price, or take your brass in as a trade and sell you reloaded ammo they had made.  I only used that stuff for range ammo, but I can't seem to find anyone who does that any more.

Did the liability police get to them, or does anyone know of such a place, preferably in Seattle?  I'd rather buy locally than to reloads through the mail, like with Midway or the like.
Brademan
Special Projects Manager - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Admin - ACLDN Forum
Patron Member - NRA
Aikidoka, Harley owner, steel crafter, shooter, Plain speaker

Coastie

Re: Local Reloading Shop
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »
Good question.  With your permission, I'm going to move this to the Reloading Corner...have you checked the Internet?  I'm sure you've checked with the local 411 pages...

SARGeek

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
I often see "at home" ammo manufacturers are gun shows. While I would never carry such ammo in a defensive carry arm it might make decent range ammo. Such a person might well give you a discount for trading in brass.

I would talk with them for a bit, or better yet, watch their interaction with a few other folks too, to make sure you're comfortable that this person made explosives for your firearm.
SARGeek

tomtsr

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
There is a tremendous liability in reloading commercially.  The mom & pop reloaders have all but vanished.

I reload and shoot often but I won't even let one of my students shoot my reloads.  And, my liability policy excludes reloading and training someone else to reload.

Bummer but with everyone wanting to sue the pants off of you for just about anything, it has caused us to quit.
Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

Unashamedly an American Patriot

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
www.milehighhandgun.com