Author Topic: Bulldog Pouch Holster  (Read 3432 times)

Coastie

Bulldog Pouch Holster
« on: May 24, 2012, 06:48:01 AM »
I picked up a Bulldog pouch holster from Amazon.com as I was looking for a pouch holster to go along with the new Beretta M-21 recently bought.  This is labelled a PDA-type holster.

It's dimensions are 5" x 4" x 1" * Heavy-duty Nylon outer shell * Magnetic snap latches for easy open/close * A sturdy double stitched  canvas Belt loop and/or attachment metal clip for easy carrying/clipping on one's belt * Conceals the weapon 100%.

Or it may be worn on clothing without a belt, hence the metal clip.  It is also well-balanced.

This will work with small .380 style pistols like Taurus TCP, Ruger LCP and Kel-Tec P-3AT and P32.  It also works with my Beretta M-21.

At the end of this review I will include a couple of links.  One is another review and the second is the one for Amazon.com.  I bought mine for $14.16, there wasn't any tax to my state and shipping was a mere .45 cents.

I now carry my M-21 (right side up) at either the 2 or 11 o'clock positions whether I want it near my grip hand or cross carry.  It sits perfectly on my belt, as the first photo shows.  These come in numerous colors and I opted for a brown one as black might say "gun!" to any casual observer.  Brown is more like sunglasses, camera, PDA/Smartphone, etc.  They also come in Black, Navy, and Pink (for the ladies).

My brown one looks like photo #2.

Amazon labels it as (
Bulldog Nylon Ambi Cell Phone Holster with Belt Loop and Clip), my description of it simplified this long title ;)

I've had it on for a couple of weeks now.  It rides very well at the 11 or 2 o'clock positions.  I can drive any of our 3 vehicles with it (SUV, sedan or pickup truck) and have easy access to the pistol at any time.  One note on that other PDA holster I was looking at, the PDA Holster, that is twice as wide/(long) as this one, and you can't carry your weapon in it while sitting, unless you're on a motorcycle!  Otherwise theirs is a fine holster, just a little more coin.. 

http://gals-n-guns.com/59-lets-talk-gun-accessories-pda-style-holsters-bulldog-extreme-holster.html
http://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Nylon-Phone-Holster

Guess I've always liked the ability to have deep cover concealment.

As for drawing with this you reach with your right hand and lift the snapped cover with that hand and push at a bottom hole (which are standard) so the pistol will rise into your hand, ready for action.  Draw time is 2-4 seconds. 
I practice drawing it daily...

I'm wearing it to the fast pitch softball playoffs and will note how it performs...

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Re: Bulldog Pouch Holster
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
my gun is 6 3/4 long and 4 1/4 high so I guess I can not try that one out it is too small:(
Time will tell.

Coastie

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 07:40:25 AM »
Go with the PDA Holster (.com) they have pouches that should fit your weapon.  They also have a paddle attachment so you can take it off in the vehicle and easily put it on without restringing your belt.    They have a fitting guide on their website you can print to determine what case you need - print it out and then place your pistol on it, etc.  Or call them, the owner is a nice fellow...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:53:52 PM by Coastie »

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 09:40:42 PM »
15 vs 60 $$$
Time will tell.

Coastie

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:50:17 PM »
You're the one who said in the PDA review, that good holsters run about that much,...besides it (a pouch) would be too long with a 6" pistol, but you can get a leather holster from Bianchi or other places where your pistol can be horizontal on your belt at your back (grip up) - that's a good position.

I had it on at the ball park today, all day it was comfortable the entire time, and the weapon readily available there.  The only thing which we kept our eyes on (besides potential BGs) was balls coming over the backstops....those can hurt  ;)  It (the pouch) is a good deep cover holster!

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
You're the one who said in the PDA review, that good holsters run about that much,...besides it (a pouch) would be too long with a 6" pistol,
I was not saying that I want to pay out the wazoo to get a good holster.
I was just saying the price is in a range that is normal for a holster.:)
Time will tell.

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »
Yeah it is normal, look at the concealment t-shirts...

One holster I've consided for years is The Beltman belt-holster, but that too is a little pricey.  Try a search for holsters, I've found some good ones just by browsing gun holster websites.  There are scads of hlster co's...

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 12:52:30 AM »
As a Bulldog owner, I have to say that the IWB I bought for less that 20 bucks keeps it COMPLETELY out of sight.  Extra ammo is stored in other places.  PM me if you want the specifics.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.