Author Topic: Crossbreed Snap Slide holster  (Read 1955 times)

Charles1951

Crossbreed Snap Slide holster
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »
Has anyone ever used a Crossbreed Snap Slide holster? I needed holsters that will work well at IDPA matches. Even though I have some good holsters that work very well for their designed purposes, for various reasons they are less than perfect for IDPA. So I just ordered one of these for my Walther PPS and one for my S&W M&P. They look like they will work well. 
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • New User
    • Co-admin of rolepayingtips.com
Re: Crossbreed Snap Slide holster
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:13:18 AM »
Get back us after giving them a field test and let us know, good holsters can be hard to find.
"Lead by example or get out of the way."

25 years of firearms experience, 2 years Army National Guard service, CCing for 1 & 1/2 years and counting.

Member of :
Pink Pistols ( http://pinkpistols.org/ )
Second Amendment Sisters ( http://www.2asisters.org/ )

Synthetic

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:39:56 PM »
Crossbreed Holsters is located about 6 miles from me...good company and great customer service..
Honesty vs Integrity...

Honesty is choosing to make the right decision...
Integrity is choosing to make the right decision even when it hurts...

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."

Charles1951

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »
I received the holsters some time ago but I was waiting to do a review since I had not been able to get to an IDPA match for a while because personal reasons and weather cancelled matches. Since I received a new gun to use at matches I may not actually use these holsters for matches now.

Any way, the holsters are keepers but not ideal for IDPA. I seldom wear an OWB but these holsters will work well wearing a longer coat, an un-tucked shirt with long tails or a tactical vest. The end of the gun slide is exposed but with the cant and the reasonably tight retention it is unlikely that the gun would be pushed out inadvertently.

For a match, the holster is best if worn just behind the center line of your body. In that position, the Snap Slide is just a bit uncomfortable. They are designed to be worn a little further back, like about 8 o'clock for a lefty like me.

The most popular holster for IDPA is a Comp-Tac paddle holster. Many are approved but the best are those that can be worn on the hip just behind the center line of the body so wide mounting designs are less than perfect because the the gun is pressed into the hip bone at that position with that kind of mount. This something I learned after receiving these holsters that I wish I had known before I bought them.

So for my new Walther PPQ, I'm thinking that a Winthrop Avenger will work very well.
http://www.winthropholsters.com/2010/08/new-avenger-holsters-with-shark.html
Especially since Comp-Tac is not currently making a paddle holster for the relatively new PPQ.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson