Author Topic: Funny Story  (Read 2085 times)

kevinparker21

Funny Story
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:29:49 AM »
Last Saturday I had been out shooting with the family.  I normally carry a IWB Crossbreed Supertuck but since we were out and various people were shooting my pistol I decided on wearing my Blackhawk Supra.  I had to run to the store real quick and decided not to change holsters.  I could've walked in to the store with the pistol on my hip but decided I didn't want to cause a stink so I set it on my seat but left the holster on.  When I was checking out this kid behind says real loud, "Look mom he must carry a pistol."  I started laughing but his mom freaked out.  She kept saying, "Get over here, come here right now, etc." 
Oh to give you a little background.  I was in a liquor store with a sign that says "no one under 21" but yet this trailer park trash momma that thinks guns are bad has her 11-12 year old in the store.
Might not be funny to anyone else but it definitely was at the time.
I shoot with my family, but most of all I shoot FOR my family.

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
Re: Funny Story
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 08:45:45 AM »
LOL
Now, what kind of laugh was it?
Was it one of those "Muahahahahah" type of laughs or just a run of the mile "Hahaha <snort> hahaha"
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

Coastie

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:49:33 AM »
Maybe the sign mean't "buying"...

SARGeek

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »
Too bad folks aren't taught to think any more.  ::)

Quit scaring the sheep KP.  ;D
SARGeek

vgun

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »
Man--if the holster freaked the lady out it's probably a good thing you left the gun in your vehicle. That's why I rarely open carry--all it takes is one nut job to freak out and it can really screw up the day

Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • New User
    • Co-admin of rolepayingtips.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »
Neat story, poor lady probably would've ran screaming if she saw the weapon itself.

One small thing though you mentioned that made me pause:

I set it on my seat but left the holster on.

Leaving your weapon in the open like that sounds a little risky, especially in front of a liquor store. All it takes is one less then upstanding citizen to spot the weapon, and a few seconds later you've got a stolen gun and busted window to deal with, not to mention an armed criminal on the loose with a loaded weapon.

(Also, I'm pretty sure leaving the weapon unsecured like that is illegal in many areas) Perhaps next time locking it in the glove compartment would solve any potential issues, or pick up a cheap lock box for your vehicle?
"Lead by example or get out of the way."

25 years of firearms experience, 2 years Army National Guard service, CCing for 1 & 1/2 years and counting.

Member of :
Pink Pistols ( http://pinkpistols.org/ )
Second Amendment Sisters ( http://www.2asisters.org/ )

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »
Neat story, poor lady probably would've ran screaming if she saw the weapon itself.

One small thing though you mentioned that made me pause:

I set it on my seat but left the holster on.

Leaving your weapon in the open like that sounds a little risky, especially in front of a liquor store. All it takes is one less then upstanding citizen to spot the weapon, and a few seconds later you've got a stolen gun and busted window to deal with, not to mention an armed criminal on the loose with a loaded weapon.

(Also, I'm pretty sure leaving the weapon unsecured like that is illegal in many areas) Perhaps next time locking it in the glove compartment would solve any potential issues, or pick up a cheap lock box for your vehicle?

I agree, that's a good place to get it ripped off....even if you are in there a short time...

kevinparker21

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »
You are right guys.  I actually slide it in between my seat and the middle seat (2004 F150), plus my windows are tinted enough you cant see in my truck.  But obviously something to keep in mind. 

If I haven't said it yet- "I love this forum!"
I shoot with my family, but most of all I shoot FOR my family.

MilProGuy

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »
If I haven't said it yet- "I love this forum!"

I'm kinda' warming up to it, too!  :D
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired