Author Topic: laser for pistol  (Read 1971 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
laser for pistol
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »

http://www.outdoorbunker.com/Laserlyte-Rear-Sight-Laser-for-Glock-Pistols-p/lll-rtb-gl-.htm
I am looking at some inexpensive options for my Glock30.
Has any one had experience with this one?
what are the pros and cons?
What is your opinion?
thanks
Robert
Time will tell.

Coastie

Re: laser for pistol
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »
Is this laser solid in it's mount, or can it be bumped and misaligned easily?  I've seen these, but am not sure about them.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:08:43 PM »
it is tight, and uses screws to adjust the laser.
Time will tell.

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:40:54 PM »
I wonder how it holds up to recoil. A friend of mine has one of those. I sent him a message...we'll see how it's holding up for him.
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

ďFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

mustang125

laser for pistol
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 06:20:55 AM »
A friend of mine has one and loves it. I think they look strange but they do work good and you can still use your holster. I was thinking of getting one for my XD someday. Sam has a 40 s&w and it is over two years old with no problems. Dan

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kdk3aq

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:17:47 AM »
I worry about anything considered 'inexpensive' being considered in the same light as that of a weapon that may have to defend you life. I do get that sometimes it's really 'not as expensive as whatever is considered the absolute best' kind of thing that you're talking about, though. Too much time spent in the "WASRs are just fine, I don't need an Arsenal much less a TSD build AK" crowd noise, I think. I'm not a big fan of lasers anyway, and I have to acknowledge that bias as well.

Now that optics and sighting aids are becoming common on handguns, I wonder if the rule of thumb for rifles and optics should not be applied: For good results, the optic should be about as much as the gun, for great results it should cost more, and under any circumstances you shouldn't budget less than half the cost of the firearm for optics.

Methinks I will think upon this idea some.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com