Author Topic: Georgia granny thwarts 2 would-be robbers in shootout. -Fox news  (Read 1222 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/24/georgia-granny-thwarts-2-would-be-robbers-in-shootout/#ixzz1svdbEdac?test=latestnews

Authorities in Georgia say a grandmother foiled a robbery attempt by two armed men by getting into a shootout with them, injuring one man.
Police told The Telegraph that Lulu Campbell just dropped off her grandson at her daughter's house early Saturday morning when someone demanded money outside her car, threatening to shoot her.
Campbell says the man fired at her, missing. The 57-year-old fired back, striking him in the chest. Her truck sustained eight bullet holes in the hood, one in the grill. Both front side windows were destroyed. The second man fled after she shot at him.
Campbell, who owns convenience stores and gas stations, always is armed.
Police say 32-year-old Brenton Lance Spencer has been hospitalized and was charged with aggravated assault and attempted armed robbery.
Time will tell.

commonground

Re: Georgia granny thwarts 2 would-be robbers in shootout. -Fox news
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:54:33 AM »
Right on Granny!  If she hadn't been armed, she would be in the morgue. 

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Georgia granny thwarts 2 would-be robbers in shootout. -Fox news
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »
Warms my heart!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

GTG

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:47:34 AM »
Probably not the 'fix' they were looking for. Too bad one still at large. G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Coastie

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »
Moral of the news event, don't mess with grannies in Georgia! 

Granny D

• My armed attack dog
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »
 :) Coastie, you must remember, Don't mess with Grannys anywhere. You would be surprised how many of us are armed. I live in a retirment community with 526 homes. We have one to three CCW classes here at our clubhouse each year. At least half of each class are ladies, between the ages of 55 to 90.   :-* Granny D
USAF Vet

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »
Granny, of course you are correct.  Glad to see that some retirement areas are doing that, although can't say many are.  Still that might get me into such an area someday.  So what do you use when you wish to target shoot?  Do you just head out to the desert or is there a nearby range?

Granny D

• My armed attack dog
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 12:58:39 PM »
Both. We have a lot of BLM land where we can go shoot or we have a very nice outdoor range run by the city with covered shooting areas (free). I prefer the range as there is shade, and tables to put your equipment on. We have 8 pistols and I like to shoot at least a full round with each one. Then I shoot about a box through my carry piece. And just for fun there is my old ruger standard 22 long barrel pistol which I just love. Hubby is also shooting at that time so we make a morning of it. The more into summer it gets the earlier we need to go, to get out of there before it gets too hot.

:-*Granny D
USAF Vet