Author Topic: Laserlyte Shotgun Tri-Rail Barrel Mounting System  (Read 1623 times)

Coastie

Laserlyte Shotgun Tri-Rail Barrel Mounting System
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »
I picked up one of these small devices because my 12g shotgun didn't have a tactical rail on it, and this appeared to me to be the easiest method of mounting one.  Initially I saw these on The Country Shed website, also Cheaper Than Dirt had them as well. But their price, and especially with a steep shipping & handling fee ($15+) led me to Amazon.com where I was able to obtain the same device for $23, no tax and free shipping.  The nice thing about this is that I received it within 2 days of placing the order.  Had it gone through Cheaper Than Dirt, it would have taken at least a week or longer and would have cost me the $15 S&H and tax.  The price for this was just a tad over $23.00.

This is what it looks like.

Anyway, this is a shroud that fits in front of the forend at the end of the Magazine Tube of any 12g (and 20g) shotgun.  It took me less than 3 minutes to install and I was happy to see it was of aircraft aluminum, as I had thought it might be heavy rubber from the photos I'd seen of it. 

All I needed to do was remove the connection between the barrel and my extended magazine with a screwdriver and slide it on. 

This adapter has 3 mounts on it, so you can install a flashlight and laser and still have room for another tool...

It is of excellent manufacture and of very high quality.  It will allow me to mount a flashlight and laser and another tool (?!!) at a fraction of the cost for tactical or weaver rails.

I am extremely satisfied.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:51:45 AM by Coastie »