Author Topic: Standard Tactical Weaver Rail Laser Sight by NcStar  (Read 1602 times)

Coastie

Standard Tactical Weaver Rail Laser Sight by NcStar
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:14:17 AM »

Item:  NcStar Laser Sight
from New Century NCSTAR, Inc., California, USA.

I picked up one of these (backordered it) from Impactguns.com because although I already have a rather outdated, and one of the first laser sights, I decided that a $20 price tag (+ $6 shipping) was simply too good to pass up.  http://www.impactguns.com/

It arrived the other day, and is rather compact as you can see in the below photos.  The box was a mere 7.5"T - 4.5"W.

The sight is made of lightweight aluminum and its on/off switch is well-designed, it won't accidentally get switched on and takes a "push" to energize, and your trigger finger can easily work it, although it takes your supporting hand-finger to energize it.  The mount is steel.  Both painted black to match your weapon. 

It is lightweight and won't add much, if any weight to your pistol of choice.  The laser sight is just less than 2 inches long. 

I checked all my pistols and of the two I checked only the Kel-Tec PF-9, my main carry piece had a rail which I could mount this to.  So after removing the mag and (1 in the tube) and checking it 3 times to insure it was empty, I mounted it there. 

It came with a laser sight, 2 Allen wrenches, 3 LR-44 batteries and complete instructions.  It was very easy to mount and took less than 5 minutes to mount.  One unscrews the end cap that has the switch on it, installs 3 LR-44 batteries into the tube with the "+" side facing up, rescrew the cap on and viola - red laser.

The smaller Allen wrench allows one to adjust the windage and elevation and to align the laser sight with your regular iron sights.   
(note when I was aligning the laser dot on my wall (point of reference), my cat became very excited, so I had to quit writing this, get another laser to entertain her for a couple of minutes...c'est la vie - always a welcomed distraction!  :) )

Mounting the sight

There's 3 screws on the right side of the laser.  The center screw allows one to move the laser in the mount, as one desires.  I decided to butt the laser up against the trigger guard.  This won't, however,  interfere with using the switch.

Laser specifications:
Maximum Output power: less than 5mW.
Wavelength: 635-655nm.
Power Source: 3 LR-44 button cells

Coastie

Re: Standard Tactical Weaver Rail Laser Sight by NcStar
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:17:57 AM »
I recently bought a NcStar laser from  Impact Guns for about $26.  It came with an aluminum mount I believe and when I took it off my pistol to put on my SG I mounting place holes became striped. 

So I emailed the company and told them, asked if I could buy another side plate to the aluminum mount.  The rep said not to worry, got my info and promised he'd send out another (side plate I thought).

Well it showed up the other day.  Pretty quick turn around.  When I opened the padded envelope there wasn't a side plate in it, but an entire mount, this time in steel!  Wow...  I've been saying Wow for a couple of days now because NcStar went above and beyond, IMHO!

See photo above Combo2 that's the mount in my left hand...

LEJoe

Re: Standard Tactical Weaver Rail Laser Sight by NcStar
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:57:48 AM »
I bought two of these for the same price. One I put on a mini-14, the other mounted on a Spanish made Astra wheel gun in .38sp. They worked like a $20.00 piece of equipment. We had fun with them though.