Author Topic: Miami Barbershop shooting Feb 26th 2012  (Read 1421 times)

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
Miami Barbershop shooting Feb 26th 2012
« on: February 26, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
Miami police spokeswoman Detective Keandra Simmons said the shooter pulled up to Megacutz on his motorcycle and parked it in front of the door. He never bothered to turn it off.
He walked into the busy barbershop and opened fire at another man. But that man also was armed, and he fired back, Simmons said.
Both men were wounded. The gunman with the motorcycle died. The man who was his apparent target was in very serious condition late Sunday at the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, Simmons said.
That man had a concealed-weapons permit, she said.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/26/2662761/two-shot-at-miami-barbershop.html
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

Shoot2Stop

• Have Gun will Soon Travel
Re: Miami Barbershop shooting Feb 26th 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 03:24:49 AM »
Never pull a gun on a man who's sitting with an apron over his lap.

I fear not a whit for myself, but I fear to the bottom of my soul for my county's future. -S2S
If you think George Washington would disagree with you, you're probably on the wrong side.

NRA & GOA Lifer. Constitutional Extremist

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
It seems the guy on the motorcycle was actively looking for the man in the barbershop. It could have been anything from a gang related event to the motorcycle guy getting "dissed" for any little slight.
Unfortunately this is normal behavior around that area. The people are trying to make it a safer area but there are those that just like to create chaos.
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »
It would be interesting to see the video from this.
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

ďFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »
It goes to show, you never can tell.
One of the most startling revelations I can remember in life is observing how quickly John Q. Publick can become armed and hostile in a dangerous situation.
I was near Sacramento, CA one year, ummm it was 1980 I think, when a guy drinking in a bar got a bit hasty in pulling his concealed sidearm.
I was stunned to see just how many OTHER guns were instantly produced and pointed at this guy.
Needless to say, this guy returned his piece to its holster.  No shots were fired.
Ya just never know, that much is for certain.

Personally, I'm glad to be living in the good ol' USA where regular folks can still defend them/our -selves.

Ciao.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Coastie

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:07:12 AM »
Sounded like a "hit", an assassination attempt to me.  The cyclist pulls up, asks how much a haircut is, while surveying the seated customers, sees his target and then leaves.  Returns a little later armed and tries to take the target out.  Look forward to the investigation results if any.