Author Topic: Code of Conduct updated  (Read 1089 times)

Coastie

Code of Conduct updated
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:55 AM »
Item 6 of the Code of Conduct has been updated.  I recommend everyone read it.

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
Re: Code of Conduct updated
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:52 PM »
"6. Repeatedly attacking or insulting a member in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.  That means DON'T condescend or try to "correct" anyone."

When you say not to "correct" anyone does that mean if they give false or misleading information we can't correct them or by "correct" do you mean chastise someone, or...

Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

Coastie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:12 PM »
Like chastise, let's say someone used the term bullet to refer to ammo, when some know what a bullet is, (see the abbrevs for an updated list) and a cartridge is.  To correct one's usage of the term, to sway them to use the correct term, can be taken as the poster being snide in their attempts to do so....and that will probably mean such a post will be deleted.  Get my frame of thought? 

When I was in the military, one never "corrected" anyone else in public, they did so in private and here we have PMs for that. 

You award in public, chastise in private. 

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »
You mean I can't jump up and down in anger or laugh in someones face for using the word "clip" instead of "magazine"?!
What is this world coming to?  :P ;D

Of course I say all this in jest as I have used the two interchangeably a couple of times. LOL
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

commonground

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Like chastise, let's say someone used the term bullet to refer to ammo, when some know what a bullet is, (see the abbrevs for an updated list) and a cartridge is.  To correct one's usage of the term, to sway them to use the correct term, can be taken as the poster being snide in their attempts to do so....and that will probably mean such a post will be deleted.  Get my frame of thought? 

When I was in the military, one never "corrected" anyone else in public, they did so in private and here we have PMs for that. 

You award in public, chastise in private. 

Thanks Coastie ....... Communication is the art of getting the message across, not whether one uses correct words or phrases. Not everyone knows all the right terminology.  I still stuggle with communicating with my wife of 44 years...Go figure.  :)

Coastie

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
Shoot CG we all do in that, just as a wife might have wid her hubby, or special other.

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:03:04 PM »
Decided to remove that update to the Code...we'll just handle things on a case by case basis.