Author Topic: Smith & Wesson M&P 9c  (Read 1837 times)

commonground

Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:31:28 PM »
 I have been carrying a Browning Hi-Power 9mm for quite some time and wanted something a little lighter and easier to conceal. In my search for a new gun I handled a broad range of handguns and the S&W M&P compact had the best feel and heft. I couldn't find an M&P compact to try before I purchased but, I did fire an S&W M&P 9 in the full size and was pleased with it. So, I ordered the S&W M&P in 9mm, my preferred caliber.

I picked up my new gun at my local dealer and took it home for a complete disassembly and inspection. Then off to the shooting range. I started with the target at 15 feet. On the first try I put a full magazine (11 rounds) into the 3 inch circle. I was pleased with that. Next I moved the target to 25 feet and put the next magazine into a 6 inch circle with one flyer an inch low. For the first time out, I was very pleased. I do have to admit that I can't group my shots as well as I do with the Browning but, the M&P is about 1 inch shorter, .2 inch narrower and .7 inch shorter top to bottom and weighs about 68% of what the Browning weighs. After some more familiarization and practice, I should improve.

A few days later I spent more time with the S&W M&P 9c. I took both the Browning Hi Power and the 9c to the range but spent most of my time getting used to the 9c. What a nice piece. I don't think that it will ever shoot better than the Hi Power because you can't beat the quality of the Browning but, the 9c is lighter, smaller and with my new paddle holster it sure carries nicely. I carry it all day everyday and forget I have it on. Thumbs up to S&W. I have owned S&W handguns for close to 50 years and they have never disappointed me.

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
Re: Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:54:12 PM »
Nice gun congrats on the purchase.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF