Author Topic: Mail Lady That Helped Subdue A Burglar  (Read 1349 times)

pop pop

Mail Lady That Helped Subdue A Burglar
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Go to dnj.com and search RCSO Neighbors Help Capture Burglary Suspect If you want to read about this.

I posted, in another forum, about the two ladies that ran down and help capture a burgler, last week, in my small community. This is a follow up.

I just went to the local Post Office and talked to the young lady (25ish) mail carrier that was instrumental in capturing the burgler. She told me all about the incident.

She was delivering mail, on her route, when she seen her neighbor running out to the road. The mail carrier lives about 10 houses down the road from the breakin site. Her neighbor told her that the house next door had just been burglarized by 3 men and one just ran down the road. The mail lady had just see this dude walk out of the woods, in front of her car, about a mile back down the road. 

She said she didn't know why, but she turned the car around and went back in this guys direction and found him walking the other direction and toward a white oncoming car. She had called her boyfriend to come and help her while on the way. She ran up next to the 19 year old burgler stopped her car, just about in front of her own home. Said she opened the door and asked him what he was doing in that neighborhood.

She said the next thing that happened was the guy took a swing at her, and later told the officer he was intending to take her car. She said she ducked, and she busted him in the mouth and knocked him down on his backside in a ditch. (Her story).

By this time her boyfriend had arrived, the boyfriend and this dude wrestled around, then another neighbor passed by, stopped, and they convienced the thug to stay on the ground in the ditch until the Police arrived.

His other two buddies witnessed the commotion, from about 1/2 mile away, turned around and left the area. 

I was shocked as she told me this story. She is about 120 lbs and 5' 5" tall. Her righthand fist was scratched up. The Postmaster, who is my friend, and being a retired postal worker myself had worked with him, at another the post office prior. He smiled and said she is tuff, is she not? So apparently this is really what transpired. 

I asked her if she truly was getting death threats and she confirmed she was. She even said it has turned out to be a really big mess, although didn't elaborate.

She asked me if I knew someone who she could go to to get her Handgun Carry Permit (HCP). I told her that in TN, we must receive mandatory 8 hrs of training before applying. I told her the procedure and that it would take about 90 days from time she applies to get the permit. I gave her the info on how to get the process started.

I also told her I would be glad to give her, her boyfriend, and the other neighbor some hands-on gun training if she or they wanted it right now. She said she knew where I lived, and in fact has noticed my target in the back yard, while carrying my mail. She told me she wondered what that thing was as you can see my backstop from the road.

I told her and them just to let me know if they wanted to practice and get some hands on training. She said she would talk to her boyfriend and neighbor and probably get in touch.

I feel sorry for her, because her demeanor really changed when she told me what a mess this thing had turned into. Turns out this thug is a member of the "Bloods" gang in a neighboring city, and the gang members are doing the threats and no telling what else. She said the police have really beefed up the patrols on her road and she is worried. Told me she knew about guns and couldn't go into detail right now.

Friends, I was shocked as she was telling me this unbelievable story. She took this dude on bare fisted. Living in that area herself, I guess kinda explains why she got so involved, although I don't think that was wise. She was raised in this community, went to school here, and has lived here all her life.

You just don't often meet a woman who will take on a man. I told her she did the right thing, but sometimes there are real consequences for getting involved. She agreed and went on to finish her days work.

She assured me she was going to make preparations and get her HCP.  I sure hope these thugs soon forget and leave this young lady alone, but I have my doubts. I also hope she will avail herself to my offer for training. She hinted she had guns, but didn't really say as her boss was looking on. I will keep you guys posted on what happens.

All I can say is "What A Story"!!!!! This lady has "True Grit." Lets hope it don't get her harmed any more than she already is.

(spellchecked and edited by Coastie)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:26:04 PM by pop pop »

Coastie

Re: Mail Lady That Helped Subdue A Burglar
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
You posted that somewhere else on this forum, but I don't care...thanks for the update pop pop!   ;)

I think you ought to watch out for her daily and maybe approach her one more time, if she doesn't ask you for help...as a concerned neighbor (and friend) that's what I would do.

She is a "Grit" woman, also invite her to the forum....she'll learn and teach us as well  ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:18:34 PM by Coastie »

pop pop

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 02:20:01 PM »
No coastie, I posted this story on a completely different blog. Sorry for the mixup. What a story!!!!

Coastie

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »
You may have, but you also posted it someplace here.... http://guntoters.com/index.php/topic,1557.msg10574.html#msg10574

pop pop

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 04:16:16 AM »
Sorry coastie. I didn't want to hijack the other thread, nor go off topic more than I already had.

Coastie

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 07:17:52 AM »
Sorry coastie. I didn't want to hijack the other thread, nor go off topic more than I already had.

Not a problem pop pop.....you've done right!  ;)  This particular topic is a good one...