Author Topic: What is your foundation built on?  (Read 1559 times)

Shawn Hoyle

What is your foundation built on?
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:12:08 AM »
We started a new series at our Small Group last night. It's called "Relevance of Genesis" by Ken Ham. Wow! Got me FIRED UP. It's all about 'foundation'. Teaching 'Atheism' (evolution) in our schools with not even a mention of Creationism. Makes me sick. This is why Christianity is losing ground in the USA. We, as Christians, have become pacifists and are just letting evil take over. I have even become 'soft' as a Christian by letting the school teach my son. I JUST GOT A WAKE UP CALL FROM GOD. I will now be stepping up to the plate and teaching him myself about God, Christ and everything else to give him a good 'foundation' for his life. My wife actually did home-school our two girls through 8th grade. She's working now, so I guess it's my turn.

We also discussed the children's programs at church. Are they teaching Creationism for real? Like a real classroom? Or, are they just showing cartoon images of a boat in a bathtub with little cartoon giraffes sticking their necks out of the cute little boat? That kind of stuff isn't real. What are our kids learning at church? Are they learning enough to allow them to know the difference between what they are learning at the 'secular' school? When they hear something at school that contradicts their beliefs as a Christian, are they knowledgeable enough to stand up and tell the class what they believe? DO THEY HAVE THE 'FOUNDATION' TO STAND AGAINST THE LIES OF EVOLUTION? No, most kids don't.

I recommend Ken Ham's works to anyone who needs a boost to their Christian beliefs. I know I don't know the Bible like I should but that's going to change. He focuses on having the 'FOUNDATION' to know the truth and know WHY you believe that the Bible is the WORD of GOD.

I'm having trouble embedding this video, but here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyvfFoDO3JI&feature=related

BTW, Ken also founded the Creation Museum in Kentucky.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/outreach/speakers/ken-ham/bio/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:26:35 AM by geniedoc93 »
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

ďFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Coastie

Re: What is your foundation built on?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:36:54 AM »
Glad to hear of your new group.

Yes Satan is attacking our schools, especially since GLO wants access to our children in elementary schools and even the president, was it, wants condoms to be issued to elementary school ages children?  Get real.

If you don't like these actions complain to your reps!

When we had a large congregation we had small groups, but since it's shrunk over the last couple of years, since the local mine closed, those died off.
Thus, we constantly study the Bible in our church and every Thursday we continue some sort of study.  For the past couple of months we've been going through the booklet, "Firm Foundation - From Creation to Christ."

IMHO to not study the Word is to truly lose out...