Author Topic: Name that board contest!  (Read 4301 times)

Coastie

Name that board contest!
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »
This is the last week for the 'Name That New Board" content as noted in the below topic: 

http://guntoters.com/index.php/topic,498.30.html

We're looking for an official title for a board self-defense database that we'll start once the title is accepted on or after February 19th. 

The reward for thinking up that name is one sheet of the new t-shirt transfers (which includes both a small - breast pocket and back of shirt sized transfer), which will be available in March 2012. 

So git R done...

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
Re: Name that board contest!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
I asked in one of the other threads but it wasn't answered so I'm still not totally clear on what is going to be in the new board.
Is it self defense acts happening in your area (city, county, state) that are not reported in the news or are we posting thing that we see in the news in our areas?
Is the main board going to have a title then add each state as sub forum?

It'll make it easier to think up of a title if we knew more about what's going in there.
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

Coastie

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:29:01 PM »
I asked in one of the other threads but it wasn't answered so I'm still not totally clear on what is going to be in the new board.
Is it self defense acts happening in your area (city, county, state) that are not reported in the news or are we posting thing that we see in the news in our areas?
Is the main board going to have a title then add each state as sub forum?

It'll make it easier to think up of a title if we knew more about what's going in there.

I believe that's what the person was thinking of for the subject matter.  But no I don't think we'll sub-topic it into individual states.  That's what this contest is for to determine the title for the main board

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »
My thought was to have a board where each of us could report 'gun related self-defense incidences' that the other members wouldn't necessarily hear about. Just like what the USCCA did in the front of the magazine. Any time we hear of one on the news, in our local paper, or elsewhere, we could report it. I do like the idea of having it sub-topic(ed) into each state. That way, it would be easier to search for a specific incidence. Then, under the topic (state), we should post the date of the incident, location (city, county, or township), then the names of the players involved and a description of the incident. It could even be copied and pasted from the news source or just paste a link to the story.

Most importantly though, we should prevent duplicates by searching for it first.
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

ďFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PPK-380

• Ruger SR9 / Sig. P-238
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »
I think that what ever the title ends up being that it should include the wording "second amendment"

IE

The Second Amendment at work.

Why we need our Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment as intended.

Results of the Second Amendment.

Citizens and the Second Amendment.

All of the titles could then have a secondary title of "Defensive uses of a firearm"

I think that using those words will make our forum appear more often and much higher in searches on the web.

Just a thought....FWIW YMMV :)
A Handgun Carry Permit may be but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic responsibilty.

US Army, FL,SC & TN Army National Guard, OIF-3 Vet.

NObama2012

Fear Not for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
My thought was to have a board where each of us could report 'gun related self-defense incidences' that the other members wouldn't necessarily hear about. Just like what the USCCA did in the front of the magazine. Any time we hear of one on the news, in our local paper, or elsewhere, we could report it. I do like the idea of having it sub-topic(ed) into each state. That way, it would be easier to search for a specific incidence. Then, under the topic (state), we should post the date of the incident, location (city, county, or township), then the names of the players involved and a description of the incident. It could even be copied and pasted from the news source or just paste a link to the story.

Most importantly though, we should prevent duplicates by searching for it first.

Ok thats sounds great.

I like PPK's ideas using Second Amendment in the title.

Citizen's defense - The Second Amendment in action.
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

MRBARRY

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:05 PM »
My first thought was 2nd Amendment - Alive and Well, but that won't work because unfortunately not all gun related self-defense incidences will end well for the good guy. :(

Coastie

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »
Not bad, how about playing with that some?   2nd Amendment - Alive and Well National Self-Defense archieve (or database?)  Also, in subtopic title to explain this board we could put [A National self-defense events that make local papers]  ?

PPK-380

• Ruger SR9 / Sig. P-238
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »
I like Pafindr's Citizen's Defense - The Second Amendment in Action.

We just need to remember that the words that we use in the title and any sub-title need to be words that will send the search engines our way. I am not sure how we could work "gun" in there but that would be a good word for the engines to grab.

How bout

Citizens Defense - The Second Amendment in Action
       Legal uses of a firearm in the US

Carry on :)
A Handgun Carry Permit may be but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic responsibilty.

US Army, FL,SC & TN Army National Guard, OIF-3 Vet.

NObama2012

Fear Not for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10

Coastie

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
I'm sure Silveressa knows about the search engines and adding such to those as do the administrators, I can do it as well, but will have to reread on doing it.

I am also confident that many Americans and non-Americans know what our Second Amendment is about.  So do we really need "gun" in the title?  Maybe in the "Description" which is an area only a Global Mod (IT or Admin) can access when creating a new board.  The Description is: A short description of your board.
So we can always put 'gun' or 'firearm' there...

PPK-380's Citizen's Defense - The Second Amendment in Action, is good but we'll see what else is presented before the 19th. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:31:55 AM by Coastie »

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 08:39:49 PM »
"Second Amendment Files"

"Self Defense Files / Reports / Stories"

USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

ďFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Coastie

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »
Gettin' better...  ;)

Coastie

Re: Name that board contest! - WINNER!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »

Ok thats sounds great.

I like PPK's ideas using Second Amendment in the title.

Citizen's defense - The Second Amendment in action.

Winner! - pafindr:
Citizen's Defense - The Second Amendment in Action

(be patient it will take a couple to get the board up...)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:24:58 PM by Coastie »