Author Topic: Point Drills, Variation One  (Read 986 times)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Point Drills, Variation One
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
This is a dry-fire drill:

Pick a point on the wall. It can be the screw on a light switch plate, or a clear point on a poster or painting you may have on the wall, or a small sticker or piece of tape you place up there. For the first drill variation, it should be pretty small and there should be good contrast between the point and the background it's in, I think. The point should also be in line with where you have the sights when you're extended in proper firing position.

The first variation is to assume the firing position with weapon extended. Place the front sight on the dot--for this drill, get close, almost in contact--and do a trigger press. Goal is for the sight not to move off the dot/point. Reset, repeat. Do this drill two-handed and one-handed, making sure of the proper grip and hand position, and don't forget to work both sides. Focus on the front sight, press straight back, don't let the front sight move. If it does, check the grip and adjust the trigger finger position just a bit at a time. Extend, focus, press. Repeat.

This is a drill that should likely not be done for very long at one time. Pause and breathe, make sure you relax the hands periodically. I normally run five at a time, then switch the grip and/or hand, pause, run five more. Left, right, two-handed, left, right, one-handed, go on until I stop.

This goes well with the brass-balancing drill, methinks.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

GTG

Re: Point Drills, Variation One
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:21:54 AM »
Thank you for sharing your information. G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"