Author Topic: Subway sandwich shop- story I got in my email.  (Read 1330 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Subway sandwich shop- story I got in my email.
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »

Retired Marine and  former Pan Am/Delta Pilot John Lovell is Top Gun at Subway  sandwich  shop.!     
Plantation, Florida:  Last week police were called to investigate an attempted  armed robbery: The  71-year-old retired Marine who  opened fire on  two robbers at a Plantation, Florida,  Subway  shop late Wednesday, killing one and  critically  wounding the other, is described as John  Lovell,  a former helicopter pilot for two  presidents. He doesn't drink, he  doesn't smoke, and he works out every day. Mr. Lovell was a man of  action Wednesday night.

According  to  Plantation police, two masked gunmen came into the  Subway at  1949 N. Pine Rd. just  after  11 p.m. There  was a lone diner, Mr. Lovell, who  was finishing his  meal. After robbing the cashier, the two men attempted to  shove Mr.  Lovell into a bathroom and rob him as well.  They  got his money, but then Mr. Lovell pulled his  handgun and opened fire. He shot one of the thieves in the  head and chest and the other in the head.

When  police arrived, they found one of the men in the shop, K-9  Units found the other in the bushes of a nearby business.  They also found cash strewn around the front of the sandwich  shop according to Detective Robert Rettig of the Plantation  Police Department..

Both men  were taken to the  Broward General Medical Center ,  where one, Donicio Arrindell, 22, of North Lauderdale died.  The other, 21-year-old Frederick Gadson of Fort  Lauderdale, is in critical  but stable condition.
    Mr.   Lovell was a pilot in the Marine Corps, flying former  Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B.  Johnson. He  later worked as a pilot for Pan Am  and Delta  Airlines.  

He is  not expected to be charged authorities said. ''He was in  fear for his life,'' Detective Rettig said, "These criminals  ought to realize that most men in  their 70's have  military backgrounds and aren't intimidated by  idiots."

Something  tells me this old Marine wasn't 'in fear for his life', even  though his life was definitely at risk. The only thing he  could be charged with is  participating in an unfair  fight. One 71-year young Marine against two punks. Two head  shots and one center body mass  shot.

Outstanding  shooting! That'll teach them not to get between a Marine and  his meal.  
    Florida law  allows eligible citizens to carry a concealed weapon. Don't  you just love a story with a happy ending?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:34:57 PM by Robert Harvey »
Time will tell.

Shawn Hoyle

Re: Subway sandwich shop- story I got in my email.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »
It's always nice to hear that the good guy survived & stopped the threat.
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

ďFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
Great Story.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

GTG

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:12:06 AM »
Hope he didn't have a hot sandwich. It would have got cold doing the paperwork. Thieves should have quit with the shop proceeds. Head shot, even the one survived might have permanent injuries. G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Coastie

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 09:12:01 AM »
GG 2 - BGs 0

Since it said Lovell was finishing his meal I think the
sub was long gone, at least the way we eat our subs
there.  ;)

Wonder why they tried to shove him into a BR when
they robbed the cashier out in the open?  No one
knows the pea-brain minds of BGs....

Good job.

MemphisMason

• New User
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:06:28 AM »
Nice!!   ;D

LEJoe

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:53:18 AM »
Good for him! Never mess with an old man.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:41:08 PM »
Way to go Marine!! oorah
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe