Author Topic: Should have stayed out of Granny's yard  (Read 1413 times)

tomtsr

Should have stayed out of Granny's yard
« on: January 26, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/east-volusia/2012/01/25/daytona-woman-64-holds-suspect-in-yard-at-gunpoint.html

DAYTONA BEACH -- A 22-year-old car theft suspect tried to elude police Tuesday morning, but was stopped in his tracks when he was confronted by a gun-toting 64-year-old woman.

"I was not going to let him go," said Karen Granville, who lives on Redwood Street. "I just held my gun in my right hand until the police arrested him."

Granville helped authorities nab Roderick Willis after he led them on a short chase. He was suspected of driving a stolen vehicle, authorities said.

Daytona Beach police were looking for a stolen vehicle about 3 a.m. Tuesday when a Volusia County sheriff's deputy spotted an orange Dodge Charger traveling west on Sixth Street. The deputy tried to stop the vehicle, but a chase quickly ensued, according to a report from the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

A sheriff's helicopter tracked the suspect to Redwood Street, where deputies say Willis ditched the vehicle in the driveway in front of Granville's home.

Granville said she was up late because her cat had rousted her. She was watching the movie Rio Bravo when she heard a sheriff's helicopter hovering above her house.

Moments later, she said she saw Willis run into her backyard and try to scale her fence. Granville grabbed her .38 Special revolver and followed him.

"My adrenaline was just flowing at 100 mph," she said. "I just said, 'Stop right there (expletive), or you're going to be dead where you stand."
Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

Unashamedly an American Patriot

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
www.milehighhandgun.com

Coastie

Re: Should have stayed out of Granny's yard
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:34:56 PM »
Another good story = BG 0 GG 1!

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »
Rio Bravo must have got her blood flowing lol.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

MemphisMason

• New User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:09:41 AM »
Go Granny, Go Granny, Go Granny Go!!!!!

PPK-380

• Ruger SR9 / Sig. P-238
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:26 AM »
These type stories seem to me to be coming more and more often these days. It could be just me thinking so but I think not.

It seems as the economy keeps getting worse that more and more BG's are out and about doing their BG business and since we have made so much progress with 2-A in so many states over the past few years, more and more often they are running up against regular civilian citizens who are armed and willing to stop them in their tracks.

I do like the trend that I am seeing but what I dont like about it is that in most of these stories the dead BG's are very very young.

I hate to see a young life wasted but at the same time if they get away with it once they do it again and again. Pretty quickly that is the only life they know until they are caught...usually caught several times before they get locked up which then costs us all money. Then when they are released most of them are right back out there doing the same things that got them locked up.

So, I guess when a citizen does end these young lives they are saving society from more crime in the future.

It is just sad that so many of our young have chosen a life of crime.
A Handgun Carry Permit may be but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic responsibilty.

US Army, FL,SC & TN Army National Guard, OIF-3 Vet.

NObama2012

Fear Not for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10

Coastie

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 01:26:57 PM »
Obviously kids aren't reading or watching the news when such stories are featured, or they're saying to themselves and their buds, that this won't happen to me!  Too bad....maybe it's cause they can't read!?