Author Topic: Members need to tell their special others about  (Read 1567 times)

Coastie

Members need to tell their special others about
« on: January 12, 2012, 09:31:40 AM »
Guntoters.com 

If your SO isn't a member, doesn't have their permit, then
maybe its time?

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Members need to tell their special others about
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:24:08 PM »
Jean has her permit, and a pistol she can use well.
But she has insufficient free time to participate in in-line discussions.

When it comes to "women's issues," I just ask Jean for her opinion, and then transmit what she tells me.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

hogcowboy

• Rock Hill Ranch
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »
Well mine has yet to "retire" and deals with computers and programming on a daily basis so has absolutely no desire for any more when she "decides" to come home.  I say decides because she works from home and puts WAY to many hours in but she likes what she does so what the heck. I just get on my bike and travel around while she's busy earning gas money for me. ;D ;D ;D

Olcoot

• 2nd Amendment Supporter
    • PhotographicEndeavors
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
My SO also has her permit and carries everyday but does not like to participate on on-line forums as she prefers to do genealogy and photo editing with her free computer time instead.
Tony

NRA Life Member
Check out my news blog and photography website
tmahb.blogspot.com
photographicendeavors.com

MilProGuy

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »
I just get on my bike and travel around while she's busy earning gas money for me. ;D ;D ;D

You definitely have it "made in the shade"!   8)
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

GTG

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:19:52 AM »
IMHO Even if your Ladies are not interested in carrying, they should have a permit. Any reason you might take it off, she has a permit to legally be in the car (Doctors Office etc.) with it. G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:57 AM »
Well mine has yet to "retire" and deals with computers and programming on a daily basis so has absolutely no desire for any more when she "decides" to come home.  I say decides because she works from home and puts WAY to many hours in but she likes what she does so what the heck. I just get on my bike and travel around while she's busy earning gas money for me. ;D ;D ;D

Well shoot, I'm in a similar situation because my wife says she'll work until she dies.  I retired at the age of 48.  (Without the cycle)...

pop pop

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 08:19:15 AM »
My wife has her HCP and is still working. She does not have the time to be here, but I showed her tidbits of info, from time to time. She is open to training and I use these forums for that purpose. It is one of the tools I used to convience her that she needed to take responsability for her own personal safety. A combination of years of news stories and post on gun blogs, along with 2 weeks alone did the trick.

I have posted this several times. It truly is nice to have backup when traveling in our RV.

We are planning a 2 month cross country trip this summer, after she retires, if gas don't go to 5.00 per gallon. My truck holds 36 gallon and I can get about 300 miles out of a tankful. We plan a 5000 mile trip in all. You can add the numbers. About 2500. for gas alone, at 5.00. Really Iffie.........I am saving lollie now. Figure I need ad least 6,500.00 in expense money.