Author Topic: Red Flag Danger  (Read 35 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Red Flag Danger
« on: August 13, 2019, 12:14:19 PM »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Red Flag Danger
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:38:13 PM »
I don't fear "red flag" laws which include the requirement that there be a legitimate court order involved, and which permit a hearing before the issuing judge prior to the confiscation.

I have a moderate fear of "red flag" laws which permit confiscation under the color of a court order, but before which no hearing need take place.

I am willing to actively revolt against "red flag" laws which permit confiscation without any due process at all.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:54:09 PM »
I don't fear "red flag" laws which include the requirement that there be a legitimate court order involved, and which permit a hearing before the issuing judge prior to the confiscation.

I have a moderate fear of "red flag" laws which permit confiscation under the color of a court order, but before which no hearing need take place.

I am willing to actively revolt against "red flag" laws which permit confiscation without any due process at all.
To all, I agree. All we need is 'precogs,' as in the movie Minority Report. After all, there should be plenty of mutated humans from which to choose.

On your last point, confiscation is common prior to adjudication. It's called "Asset Forfeiture." The Constitution be damned, we are all guilty of something.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 03:03:40 PM »
...confiscation is common prior to adjudication. It's called "Asset Forfeiture." The Constitution be damned, we are all guilty of something.

A wonderful pro-bono, public service law firm, the Institute for Justice(IJ), is actively fighting asset forfeiture through the courts, state by state.

IJ has been quite successful in every case, so far!

So, if you know someone who has been unjustly stung by asset forfeiture, I strongly suggest contacting IJ. They will need a plaintiff, in order to kill-off this unconstitutional behavior in your state (or wherever).
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."