Author Topic: Local Gun Store  (Read 127 times)

pop pop

Local Gun Store
« on: June 27, 2019, 12:49:11 PM »
I went to On Target yesterday in Murfreesboro, TN. Found out it has new ownership. Clerk said they got rid of all the guns that were not selling.  I looked around and they had 7 revolvers, two of which were not hot movers. The walls were lined with nothing but many A R type rifles, and the pistol cases were full of plastic pistols. Everything black. 
They did have a one case with steel Sig pistols.

No one in the store, but 2 clerks and I. No one on the indoor range either.   

I don't like  ARs. I know they have improved, but the one I had in Vietnam was not a good rifle. I do have a Ruger Mini 14, latest model. 

Is this all that people are purchasing these days?     

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Local Gun Store
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »
Jean and I haven't bought a gun in so long, I hardly remember what the inside of a gun store looks like.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Local Gun Store
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:02:47 AM »
Pop Pop, the AR15 is the civilian version of the Mattel Toy that we were issued. They are much better now. With that said, the early Mini-14 had accuracy problems after the barrel heated up. I heard that Ruger corrected the accuracy problem. One advantage of the Mini-14 is that it looks civilian. I have not heard, seen, or read a lot of information on the Mini-30, a carbine that fires one of my favorite cartridges.

There are some really nice AR-15 MSRs out there. I have several in various calibers. The more that some want the AR banned, the more some want one.

While I don't think that the 'Tactical' craze has yet ended, and who knows what fad will follow, I do believe that most people are simply looking for an excellent firearm to protect self and family. But, 'Black 'n Tactical' does sell. Some folks would reject a pistol simply because it is not 'tactical-looking' enough. But, can a firearm be tactical? Can it be 'tactical-looking?' By definition, no it cannot. I have not found a 'tactical' firearm that can be; advisable, desirable, expedient, judicious, politic, prudent, and/or wise. Again, it is a way to place a human trait on an inanimate object.

A common phrase that I have also found is "practical tactical" that, I believe needs to be removed from 'gun-speak' language.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 06:13:22 AM by Taurian »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.