Author Topic: Caught In An Large Scale Attack  (Read 124 times)

pop pop

Caught In An Large Scale Attack
« on: June 21, 2019, 08:43:20 AM »
I just read one of John Farnam's Quips. He stated if you are caught in a large scale shooting, most times, no one will be coming to your aid "fastly". He pointed out the London Bridge terrorist attack, and also the Aldean massacre in Las Vegas. Most victums had to extricate themselves.

He's right, you know!

He advises carrying a survival bag, however you will not be able to take it into a concert or large gathering place, now. Can't take large bags into the NFL stadium in Nashville or the concert hall there.

Me, I stay out of all of them. Try not to go to large gatherings except for church services. I try to be on high alert in large gatherings(church). My motto, "Get You and Yours Out, If You Can."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Caught In An Large Scale Attack
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 04:58:48 AM »
Rarely do I venture into the unknown without carrying. Although I may go to COSTCO, or wherever, you will not find me at venues such as concerts and such. I no longer place myself (knowingly) in stupid places, although I may find myself in a place with stupid people even though it is a good place. My point is that wherever I go I need to get there safely, do what I need to do safely, and get home safely.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pop pop

Re: Caught In An Large Scale Attack
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 09:58:30 AM »
I with you on this one Taurian. I want to be safe as well but one has to pay attention when out. I also try to carry all the time also. Don't go to stupid places with stupid people is a good mantra to live by for sure.

One who has mobility problems really think about seat positioning. Let me add I prefer restaurants with the cash register away from the entrance doors, in case of robbery. We just don't go out any more either, for sure at night. Let me add that is by choice and not fright, however I do really pay close attention to our surroundings any time we are out.

I will say also that an apartment complex, close to our favorite grocery store, has lent itself out to Title 10 subsidized housing tenants. If you go at night, you take a big chance. The lot is not well lit and since Title 10 has moved in they have had multiple armed robberies both inside the store and in the parking lot after dark. People really complained to the grocery chain, and they had security for the past 6 months at night. I have also noticed the parking lot is a lot less crowded both during the day and for sure after dark. Since certain customers no longer go at night, the thugs are praying on their own kind now.

I don't know if they are still having security, because I quit going at night. Most usually the store will have security till all gets quiet, and they slowly disappear until people complain again. One of the other big stores just pulled out completely.

I am also really leery of interstate rest stops. One is really exposed and at a disadvantage while standing in front of a yernal, with your business in you hand. I guess one should use the stalls. I haven't been doing that.

One can't be too careful. An attack can come from anywhere at any time. "YOU" will be/are the first responder.