Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Soon to be Ugly!  (Read 45 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The Good, the Bad, and the Soon to be Ugly!
« on: May 17, 2019, 07:42:19 AM »
Things were reallly looking up. I had a promotion and increases responsibilities at work. Thins were hecti, but going along as I acclimated to my new role. And, then the pain started. Increased pain in my right leg forced me to seek out some medical help.

You may, or may not know, that in 2001 I ahd what is called a "Fem Fem" that is otherwise known as a Femoral Bypass. In my case, it was a tube tht was inserted from my right Femoral to my left femoral. A short time later and I was back in the saddle for quite a few years - until 2017.
In 2017, I was admitted to the hospital to have some damage repaired to the graft, and a new graft inserted into my right femoral just above the knee. Again, life was good and I continued on.On May 3rd of this year, I was having a problem with my right leg. After meeting with my cardiovascular surgeon, I was going, once again, under the knife. It was not to be so peasant this time.  A graft was placed in my left calf and a new graft replaced teh previous one on my  right side.  As I write this, the staples have been removed from my left calf and the staples i my right leg will be removed on Monday.
But, that's not the bad. During my stay, it was discovered that I was suffering from some heart problems; something they found  during a stress test. They (the "medicals") oushed very hard to give me heart surgery right after the "Fem" surgery. That was something that I turned down until I heal from this go-a-round They tried fear tactics; "You could have a heart attack!"  That old dog don't hunt with me.
Anyway, I may have to undergo some sort of heart surgery that has not yet been clearly defined except that they would put stints in certain places. 

Without going into detail, let's just say that I have some serious decisions to make regarding all of this.
I am still waiting to be cleared from this latest go-a-round to return to work. So, I am laying around the house, healing, and trying not to be concerned with loosing everything that has been gained in the last year; work gains as well as financial.  However, I will say that retirement is looking better, as the stress of trying to meet too many people's expectations with no resources to do so is getting to be somewhat over-whelming.

Taking a break now.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

LEJoe

Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Soon to be Ugly!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »
Rest easy Mr. T. Keep us updated as this unfolds. Sounds like a good time to knock the dust off that flute.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 01:48:56 PM »
Rest up. Heart surgery will knock you out for months of recovery.
But if there's at least a 50-50 chance of a good result, it's worth the risk!

The point of it all is to live a comfortable life, for as long as it's possible.
Quality of life is the real issue: There has to be an advantage for you (and your family) in the process.
Becoming a living, breathing vegetable is not a good outcome, but a return to almost-normal would be absolutely priceless.

Please keep us informed!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 01:51:31 PM »
"knock the dust off that flute!"
Now that a new one on me . . . . .
I love it!  . . . . . Take some well given advice Mr. "T" . . . . "Knock The Dust Off That Flute!"

"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."