Author Topic: A project gun  (Read 377 times)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
A project gun
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:47:28 AM »
Micro-Draco. Trimmed a front end for a Krinkov to fit, added the rails. Still need to figure out a way to get an optic on it. Sometimes I get the fireball, sometimes not. SB Tactical arm brace, Krebs enhanced safety. Finger stop coming. Might put a light on it. It and the Zestava PAP pistol would be probably the urban vehicle guns. This one could also be a bag gun. Other projects to be displayed.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Re: A project gun
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 04:50:58 AM »
AR pistol--this one is the interstate vehicle gun. Swapped out the KAK Shockwave for another SB Tactical brace and the red dot for a 1-4 with illuminated reticle. Not sure if that will stay there or be replaced by another red dot. Need to sight in and function check--it started mangling buffer pin retainer springs so I'm running without one for now.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:15:41 PM »
That fireball is quite impressive!
Might it not interfere with your eyesight, for a minute or two?

I'm a 1903, bolt-action-rifle kind of guy. I guess it goes along with my fondness for ca.1911 pistols.
I just don't understand Krinkov and AR pistols.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

LEJoe

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 03:29:32 AM »
Very nice CR!

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »
That fireball is quite impressive!
Might it not interfere with your eyesight, for a minute or two?

I'm a 1903, bolt-action-rifle kind of guy. I guess it goes along with my fondness for ca.1911 pistols.
I just don't understand Krinkov and AR pistols.

So far no problems with eyesight, Steve. Fired it today with about as dark an overcast as it gets and it was okay. Nighttime, don't know yet. Down the road I'll likely swap that brake for something that directs muzzle blast forward more.

Well, this isn't a Krinkov, it's an AK pistol. Krinkov isn't even a Russian word, as it turns out. They have different ones for the short-barreled '47. The rifle-caliber pistols' major distinction is that they don't need no papers to go across state lines with. That and they fit in a smaller bag than even most short-barreled ARs. Now that BATF allows for shouldering of the brace again, such things are more popular. Now, if you want something manlier in this class, there is an HK93 pistol you can get in .308. And just for the record, I ain't touchin' that one.

Give me a few minutes and I'll show you some other interesting things.

www.inshadowinlight.com

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »
This is a variant of what Suarez calls a Glock PDW and what I call a Glock C-PDW. I go through some ideas about these in a chapter in Volume 4 of my book series. The AR-P and AK-P shown previously are also C-PDWs, which I define in the book as well. This one uses a Gen3 Glock 21.

www.inshadowinlight.com

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
Here are the Roland Special and what I suppose should be called the Mini-Roland Special. I test-fired both today and the hiccups look to have been worked out, so they are now pretty much deployable. And of course they look cool. Cool must always be considered, you know.

www.inshadowinlight.com

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
Well, I kinda understand the Glock C-PDW. It just looks much more awkward than it needs to be.
The result, I guess, is a very light-weight pistol with 100-yard capabilities. That beats the M1 Carbine at its own game.

On the other hand, I do not understand the mini-pistol with the red-dot sight. At the short range at which a mini-pistol is best used, the red-dot sight seems superfluous.
And what's that thing that's stuck onto its muzzle? Is it a muzzle-brake? If it is, it's a really good idea.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

flyover

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 07:24:43 AM »
I have a standard Draco that if time and money permit turn it into a SBR. And then again, I run into all the rules and regulations of having a SRB.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 04:29:37 AM »
Well, I kinda understand the Glock C-PDW. It just looks much more awkward than it needs to be.
The result, I guess, is a very light-weight pistol with 100-yard capabilities. That beats the M1 Carbine at its own game.

On the other hand, I do not understand the mini-pistol with the red-dot sight. At the short range at which a mini-pistol is best used, the red-dot sight seems superfluous.
And what's that thing that's stuck onto its muzzle? Is it a muzzle-brake? If it is, it's a really good idea.

They are indeed compensators, Steve. I haven't worked much with them yet--just got the recoil springs and a trigger problem fixed and tested out--but what I understand is that comps don't offer much help with standard-pressure but do help with +P and higher rounds. And the red-dot is superfluous at, I dunno, call it up to five maybe seven yards unless you want a precision shot. The add capability beyond that over iron sights, though. And though I haven't tried it at that range, I'm confident that the '26 becomes a 100-yard gun with the dot on it. I have run a non-comped '19 at 100 yards and over a couple of times and it works well with the dot-sight.

The Glock with the Endo is a bedside and bag gun to be sure. The folding mechanism lets me put it into a smaller bag than most C-PDWs will work with and I can fire it right-handed without unfolding the brace out. (Heavy, though.) The three or four points of contact it offers makes a big difference shooting to be sure. The SB Tactical brace is bulkier than the KAK Shockwave that was on it but I think is better for shooting. If I can sand the Endo a bit I can put a Kriss 25-rd mag into it, which would be really good for overall capability. If I ever get a red-dot for it, it will be a very good system for its niche. It works well now for home defense as-is. But it'll be loud if I ever have to shoot indoors, though.

I have a 4th Gen G35 that I'm working on with the same setup and some other experimental doo-dads, but the Endo is not built for Gen 4 and I'm having to sand and fill it. When I get it properly worked up I'll put a picture up.

www.inshadowinlight.com