Author Topic: When OK is not OK!  (Read 105 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
When OK is not OK!
« on: September 15, 2018, 08:24:53 AM »
Don't flash me, Bro!

American Sign Language sometimes conveys innocent meaning in one sign; for example, "I love You." It is now considered a "Gang" sign when the hand is facing downward. The "OK" sign is no longer acceptable, regardless of where the hand is pointed.

What in the  H*** is going on?? I truly think that people are going stark raving mad. 

Member of Coast Guard's hurricane response team 'flashes white power symbol' during live MSNBC broadcast - and is immediately removed from his post by bosses. - Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6171209/Coast-Guard-member-removed-response-duty-appears-flash-white-power-hand-signal.html
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: When OK is not OK!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 02:48:26 PM »
As usual, it's a control issue.
Make every normal thing people do somehow offensive, and harp on it, and eventually everybody will have to give up their own preferences and do things your way.

It doesn't matter whether or not the White Power imbeciles have co-opted the old "OK" sign. It matters only that somebody thinks that they have. And that makes the sign offensive.
The snowflakes are so sensitive and easily bruised that the mere suggestion of the Politically Incorrect is enough to make them call everybody else "the other" and "haters."

In my own personal world, the White Power schmucks and putzes can use any signs that they want to, and it still will have no effect upon what I do.
And if someone wants to try to penalize me for doing as I see fit, I'm sure that I can find many legal, safe means to penalize them right back.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 05:29:12 PM »
Well as Steve says they can say and do what they want.
There is still two symbols that even Mr. Orwell has to agree too.
The middle finger and . . . . . .
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 06:09:34 PM »
Sorry, Chuck, but the "thumbs up" gesture has already been co-opted by the extreme male-homosexual fringe, to represent a particular and highly-favored homoerotic activity.

Thus, its use is impermissible in polite heterosexual society. In fact, your use of it is damaging to my delicate psychic balance.

The Political Correctness Police are already on their way to your home.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
SIGH!
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."