Author Topic: Trip To Sams Club  (Read 346 times)

pop pop

Trip To Sams Club
« on: July 07, 2018, 09:41:57 AM »
My son in law purchased a Black Vietnam Veteran hat that I have seen a lot of veterans wear. I have never worn one. My wife said I should wear it so I could tell him I did so.

Well, I had to go to Sams this morning, which is a club owned Wall Mart corperation. It is a membership only club which some may not know about. It is like Cosco.

I decided to wear the hat. My wife called my daughter who owns the membership card and she told us the yearly dues was due this month and for me to just pay them.

Well, I got there and walked up to customer service and told the clerk I needed to pay the membership fee. She looked at my Vietnam Veterans hat and said , "Oh wait, are you a veteran? I told her yes and she said Sams had a special deal this month for past and active military members who renew their cards. I had my VA card in my pocket and showed it to her.

She took it and went to the register then came over and gave me a 10.00 gift certificate, and told me to go get a box of 20 Freesh Baked Crossaunts, a Roticary Chicken, a 12" Apple Pie, and 2.00 of a tub of loaded Potato Salad(pardon my spelling). I did.

Then I went to check out, and gave the girl the letter and the gift certificate, and the clerk did not charge me for the items and fisished checking me out and then thanked me for my military service. I guess I had 10 people, in the store, that also thanked me for my service. I will say I did not feel comfortable with all the thanks, although I know the people were trying to be being nice, so I smiled and told them I appriciated it.

Wall Mart Corp gave me $10.00 and purchased our dinner today. I will say it was my lucky day!!!!!

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Trip To Sams Club
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »
...All those wonderful gifts!
They added-up to more than a month's pay, back when you were in the service!
See: It was worth signing up.  ;) 
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

pop pop

Re: Trip To Sams Club
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 11:25:03 AM »
You are correct Steve, I think I was drawing about 35.00 per 2 weeks, but my hazardous duty pay brought my pay a tad bit higher.