Author Topic: Knee Pain  (Read 179 times)

pop pop

Knee Pain
« on: July 04, 2018, 05:35:19 AM »
Went today to see if my right knee was ready to be replaced. My left knee replacement(in March) is doing great.

They x rayed the right one and determined I still had enough cartledge and did not warrant replacement at this time. My knee cap has no cartledge so it is where my intense pain is coming from.

They are going to put a series of shots(3, one per next three weeks) in my right knee and are hopeful that will take care of the pain. I don't know what it is called, but it is some kind of lubricant and suppose to lube the bones and adhere to the cartledge thereby helping.

The Steriod shots are not lasting but 3 weeks and run my blood sugar through the roof after taking them.

Will post results, for those suffering from knee pain who may be interested. By the way, I should have had the knee surgery, on my left knee, long ago. I highly recommend it.

The replacement has its short cummings, but then again they will never be as good as God gave you. I have had very little problems and there is very little pain in my left knee now. I'll say again "I highly recommend the replacement surgery" if you need it.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 02:14:57 PM »
Yeah. I know.
I'm getting there.
Knee replacement: If I live long enough.

I'm sorry that steroids didn't help.
I hope that the lubricant (maybe some sort of colloid) will do some good.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

LEJoe

Re: Knee Pain
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »
Thanks pop pop. I am heading in that direction. Seems I am always putting it off for one reason or another. I managed to lose 10# and my knees are thanking me for it. I can actually tell the difference. Good luck to you brother!