Author Topic: Traveling Again  (Read 299 times)

pop pop

Traveling Again
« on: June 20, 2018, 05:31:55 AM »
My Sweetie, and 3 of our 6 grandchildren, just traveled from Mid TN to Aberdeen Ohio on a camping outing in our RV. We went to see Maysville KY, The Noah's Ark Experience, and The Creation Museum which is just south of Cincinnati. Our 3 grandchildren, twins 14 (boy and girl) and grandson 25 (Downs Syndrome) enjoyed the trip. Cody stays with us a lot at night because he needs constant care. I will say, Cody has brought a lot of happiness to our family as he is a total gentle soul.

Another daughter, her and her husband liven in Charleston S C, called last evening, and told us her 9 year old son (Parker) is playing in an all-stars baseball tournament, being held in Augusta GA, this weekend. We decided to travel down, on Thursday, and surprise him and his sister Chloe (age 6). We don't get to see them often, but do want to enjoy them while we can. I called our three grandchildren that live nearby, and they are in also.

At 70 I am enjoying life and do enjoy traveling and exploring other places. I am thankful, to our Father, that I am still able to do this. It truly is great to be living in the USA and to possess the health and wealth to be able to enjoy our grandkids, in this manner.

I will be taking my 7 shot revolver in my pocket, my MP 2.0 in my console, and a 642 in my 5th wheel RV for protection. My wife will have her Ruger LCR in her purse for back up. All will end up in the RV, with us at night. I have a gun safe mounted in the RV for when we leave any of them. We sleep well, me with one eye open, so to speek.

Our travels will soon be put on hold as my wife is going to keep her sister, in our home, as she recovers from hip surgery on July 2, and goes through physicaal therapy for the next 2 months. The same Dr that did my recent knee surgery, is going to be doing the hip replacement on sweetie's sister. He is our brother in Christ, and doing the surgery as a favor to us. My sister in law lives in Memphis.

I will see the DR in July to see about my right knee replacement(hopefully in November). My left one is coming along nicely, as I am almost now 4 months out from surgery on it. It is still a little stiff but improving daily. I am back to lifting weights at our local sports com when I am home, it is still taking time to get it to extend fully.

Having fun in Mid TN. Hope you all are enjoying the summer as well.

Pop Pop

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Traveling Again
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »
Have a wonderful time, Roger.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »
Have fun brother! Sounds like you will have enough fire power! Love it!

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 05:22:05 AM »
Grandson played 3 games and lost all of them. Had a wonderful time with the family, but travel back home was terrible. Hit 2 major traffic jams around Atlanta and 1 outside of Chattanooga. Don't believe the guy made it in the last one. Guard rail demolished the driver side cockpit of his overturned truck. Trip took an additional 2 hrs to complete.

Grandson was elated to see us there. Sometimes one just needs to go the extra mile to have fun with the grandkids. His sister allowed me 3 hugs and a love pinch. "Great Time!"

Sister in law comes today and will go for DR visit tomorrow to have hip replacement. Wednesday she will go for pre-admission testing and her hip replacement school. I had to do that for my knee replacement also. Took about 4 and 1/2 hours to complete. She is hard of hearing and refuses a hearing aid so sweetie needs to be there with her. Next  Monday will be the surgery date. She will allow my sweetie to take care of her through out her surgery and physical therapy, so most probably we will be tied her for the next couple of months. Will be a labor of love ordeal for my sweetie.

Next trip will be a drive around the northeast, which we have never been in that area. Will make a big circle all throughout the northeastern states. Will last over a 5 weeks during September and October. Sweetie wants to eat lobster in Maine.

Thanks for the well wishes. 

"Ain't it great to be living in the U S A!" Thank you Lord!

Will not be able to take any firepower because some of the northern states does not honor my carry permit and even Jearsy will not allow hollow point ammo. Go figure!

LEJoe

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 04:29:09 PM »
Good job on making some more memories Grandpa!  ;)