Author Topic: CBST Cross-Draw Setup for Kimber K6S  (Read 194 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: CBST Cross-Draw Setup for Kimber K6S
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:46:44 PM »
Hi
I read your review!
I agree that cross draw IWB are rare.
I've considered setting one of the IWB rigs around here that way.

Good job!...as usual

sent from phone, typos possible

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 03:20:28 AM »
Thanks for reading the article.  I may drop the rear (now the front) mounting clip down one notch to get more of a 'neutral" cant. The CBST is obviously not broken in yet, and will better conform to the body once it is.

There are some IWB holsters out there with swivels that allow the holster to be adjusted for cant, but I have found them to be unstable - especially those for short barreled firearms.

I thought that I would take a chance on setting up a CBST for cross-draw carry, and it is stable and works well in the cross-draw position. A neutral cant on the shell-to-backing would have been better, but sometimes you just have to work with what's thrown at you.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 09:17:45 AM »
Thanks for reading the article.  I may drop the rear (now the front) mounting clip down one notch to get more of a 'neutral" cant. The CBST is obviously not broken in yet, and will better conform to the body once it is.

There are some IWB holsters out there with swivels that allow the holster to be adjusted for cant, but I have found them to be unstable - especially those for short barreled firearms.

I thought that I would take a chance on setting up a CBST for cross-draw carry, and it is stable and works well in the cross-draw position. A neutral cant on the shell-to-backing would have been better, but sometimes you just have to work with what's thrown at you.
No problem!
You are my "go to guy" whenever I want and need detailed information about anything gun related!

I ALWAYS see what you have to say first, before looking at any other source.

Happy Tuesday

sent from phone, typos possible

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 05:19:47 AM »
Thanks for the kind words!  I am just happy that you did not call me an "expert."  I guess that, in a sense, I am an (ex)pert because I no longer have to use PERT (Program Efficiency and Review Technique) charts in managing my projects, but I am a PERT (Proficiency Evaluation and Review Type) person who has had three ex-wives and rate my performance at marriage fairly low.

I also refer to others for guidance when deciding to own/review a firearm. HICKOCK45 has probably cost me more money than anyone by his video reviews of firearms. Jeff Quinn at Gunblast.com has had an influence, as has SOOTCH00 in my decisions to invest in certain firearms.  I am not a video guy, at least in front of the camera, and would rather be involved in the (script) writing and producing of such while allowing others to be the actors. My face is well suited to radio.

I like to put my not-so-succinct method of review to work. I am not trying to sell anything to anybody. I just want to convey my impression of a particular firearm or piece of gear to others. Hopefully, the readers of my reviews will appreciate them as much as I enjoy creating them.