Author Topic: IL Gov. Rauner Removes “Assault Weapon” Language with Amendatory Veto  (Read 119 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
This has to be "Fake News!"
How is this even possible that we are even discussing something like this?
Does anyone know anyone personally in Durham, North Carolina, and know anything about this Rep. Marcia Morey????
I am going to check this out as directly as I can and see if I can find a local publication in Durham, North Carolina.
I'll be back when I find out anything!
I think that this is plain old BULL SHIT!
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

NorCalChuck

Unable to locate anything on the North Carolina legistlative web site about anything relating to list article.
https://www.ncleg.net/Search/Search/BillText/Bill%20Text%20Search/0/0/2017/Gun%20Confiscation%20Bill/0

I located 4 publications in Durham North Carolina and none of them had anything about this that I could find. I did a quick search so if anyone finds anything different please post it.

We really need to be careful what we post with so much BS running around on the web.
Please if you find something that I missed let me know.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Um, Chuck...
Huh?
The referenced article is about Illinois.

Where did North Carolina come into the story?
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

NorCalChuck

I have no idea what happened the first time around.
Here is the original link that I was sent to the first time around:
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/05/north-carolina-rep-will-introduce-a-gun-confiscation-bill/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=89be141824-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-89be141824-20763529#axzz5FgalDr8c

As you can see it is an ammoland link.
This time when I click on it I am sent to Veto story . . . .
Totally different . . . . The wonders on the internet?????????