Author Topic: I Agree With Rob Pincus on this one.  (Read 410 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pop pop

Re: I Agree With Rob Pincus on this one.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »
I agree with Rob also.

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 10:16:11 AM »
Totally agree.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 12:50:21 PM »
Yeah. I agree...mostly.
Even in self-policing, there still is an element of Big Brother.
It's one of those "slippery slopes," and our republic cannot be allowed to slide down it.
It has to be done very, very carefully, and very much on a person-to-person level, without police or courts.
And that ain't easy.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 05:32:18 PM »
Well, I didn't read it all, but I read enough to form an opinion about what ol' Rob has to say.

Sounds to me like he is starting to cave on the bare truth of the Second Amendment.

There is no "right" way to "infringe" anyone's RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Personal feelings have a way of changing. However, once anyone calls in LE, or other system workers there is no way to reel them back in once your feelings change.
It's like trying to un-ring a bell.
It's like flinging a feather pillow into a strong wind and then trying to go and collect all the feathers. Can't be done.

It sux that some morons just can't possess deadly force without using it needlessly.
It would be worse if we who believe the Constitution says what it means and means what it says, had to start distrusting each other for fear of being handed over to the "Pre-Crime" police like in Minority Report.

There's already too many cooks in this kitchen.
A citizen who stops a crime in progress could very likely be shot, and or prosecuted for doing so.

What I mean by the above statement is that we Responsible Carriers already take upon ourselves a certain amount of RISK simply by being armed in public. If the sad day ever comes that one of our number is forced to use our EDC in defense of self and/or others, WE stand a very good chance of being shot by the very forces that are already paid to enforce the laws.
There's no way to control those forces, once they've been brought to bear onto a "problem".
I realize that the rising tide of ignorance and stupidity regarding personal protection is becoming much stronger than any of us ever thought it would in our lifetimes.
I also realize that it's way too late to ever get traditional values back into the family and the home...and that THAT is the "crux of the biscuit", as Frank Zappa would say, but any semblance of a "Pre-Crime" phenomenon is so scary (to me at least) as to be unthinkable.

I'll have to stand with Steve on this issue, and not just because I like him either. We all better take care that we don't start sliding down THAT slippery slope. There's no telling where it will end.

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:39:54 AM by oldranger53 »
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.