Author Topic: Gun Violence Statistics  (Read 180 times)

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Gun Violence Statistics
« on: April 21, 2018, 08:25:14 AM »
"Some 590 Americans were killed in mass shootings last year, according to MassShootingTracker.org, which counts events in which four or more people are shot. But that figure almost pales in comparison to the number of Americans subjected to gun violence by law enforcement."

A quote from an online article I ran across this morning.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/police-killed-more-americans-last-year-than-mass-shooters/240500/?utm_source=The+Rutherford+Institute&utm_campaign=452f00cc2d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_16&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d7ffde3304-452f00cc2d-42157053

I get email alerts from The Rutherford Institute, founded by John W Whitehead...,

https://www.rutherford.org/about/about_john_whitehead

...author of several books including "Battlefield America: The War on the American People" and "A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State".

I'm sharing the link to this article because I'd never thought of these statistics from this perspective before.

At times I feel as if I'm a captive in the back seat of a vehicle being driven by a drunk teenager, down a winding mountain road, and the brakes have failed. The vehicle continues to gain speed and momentum,  and the corners and curves get tighter and narrower, a shear cliff on one side and granite protrusions on the other. Certain disaster awaits, but when?

Happy Saturday, so far

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Gun Violence Statistics
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 10:41:57 AM »
The only thing violent I find of a firearm is the recoil. Now, I do admit that most firearms are  (by definition) extremely powerful or forceful and capable of causing damage, but it takes a pull of the trigger to make it so, and to make it so we have to assume that the firearm has been prepared to fire a cartridge. Otherwise, it is a convenient item to hold down a stack of papers on a windy day.

My firearm has never, and will never, do anything that I don't want it to do.

The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »
Mine either

By the way, I only posted this article as a point of perspective. I neither agree or disagree with the author.

Police shootings are such a sore spot nowadays,  that the article caught my eye while reading over the daily newsletter from the Rutherford Institute. That's all.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

oldranger53

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 03:09:10 PM »
Talk about GUN VIOLENCE!
The guns in this video scared me so badly!  I thought that any moment, one or all of them would burst off the rack and commence with death and destruction!

https://youtu.be/BpU3VKqKYx4

Beware! some content may be disturbing to sensitive viewers!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:14:55 PM by oldranger53 »

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 11:46:26 PM »
OMG! Guns! And they're, um, aimed at kids!
There oughtta be a law...
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."