Author Topic: Celebrate!  (Read 373 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Celebrate!
« on: March 24, 2018, 07:13:34 AM »
Well, today is supposedly the AG march at the nation's capital. I felt that a celebration was in order for this momentous occasion; I purchased 1,000 rounds of .223 ammunition.

I also renewed my membership with GOA, GGO (Georgia Gun Owners), and the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

I just do what I can how I can.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pstan13

Re: Celebrate!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 07:39:03 AM »
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
In celebration, my wife Julie and I went to a new gun range. All I wanted is for her to shoot her Ruger SR22. She keeps it in her desk at home, got her CCW with it, but there it stayed. She shot a few hundred rounds threw it with only 2 failure to eject. The gun is new as is the shooter. I wasn't going to pick her apart about what she was doing wrong, as I was just glad she was at the range. Turns out, she did very well (without my help).

The ammo was CCI Mini Mag LR HP. 1260 FPS. I was going to take a variety, but decided to take just what she would use at home. We got  a years membership at this range in  Sarasota, and are very pleased with it. Next time we go, we will take along the Ruger 10\22 breakdown that she hasn't shot yet, and maybe Boo Boo II.

My shooting consisted of a few hundred rounds through my old Ruger MKII and a few mags through  an old Dickson Detective.  It was a .22 day of fun.

flyover

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 07:09:33 AM »
I gave some funds to organizations that support the 2nd then went out and busted a few caps.