Author Topic: The Left is Moving Further Left, and Right Ain't So Right Either!  (Read 229 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Social Worker Fired for having a Concealed Carry Permit: https://constitution.com/social-worker-fired-concealed-carry-permit/
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pstan13

Re: The Left is Moving Further Left, and Right Ain't So Right Either!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »
I have read a few things that make me think there may be more to this story.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:32:13 PM by pstan13 »
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:04:02 AM »
I would love to see and read anything you might know of pstan.
Any links appreciates.

I did find this:
A former employee of the City of Roanoke recently posted via social media assertions regarding the basis of her dismissal from City employment. Her posting has also been reported in other media. The City does not publicly comment on specific personnel matters. In light of these assertions, however, it is important to note that the City of Roanoke respects the Constitutional rights of its citizens and that the dismissal in question was not based upon anyone’s exercise of such rights.
In addition, the office told us:
The City has no policy or procedure limiting the right of its employees to hold concealed carry permits as authorized by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Anything else to add would be appreciated.
From what I can gather on a quick search it would appear she was looking to make some money becuse she got fired. Of course I am sure that this is not the whole story.

Why is it so hard to find the truth these days? ???
It gets really frustrating . . . . . . .
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

pstan13

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 12:38:06 PM »
Why is it so hard to find the truth these days? ???
It gets really frustrating . . . . . . .

I don't generally believe Snopes, but this goes into some of the other info I have read.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-a-dss-worker-fired-in-roanoke-city-over-a-gun-permit/
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson