Author Topic: Business Owner's Discretion?  (Read 735 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Business Owner's Discretion?
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:53:54 PM »
I recently read an article where a gun shop owner in Washington state will no longer sell a firearm to anyone under 21 unless they have military service (http://2ndamendmentinsider.com/gun-shop-owner-wont-sell-people-21/).  I find that interesting.  Of course, this was not something that he always did; it was something that he decided to do after the Florida school shooting.

So, some will cry that he is violating some poor soul's 2nd Amendment right. Some will cry that he has the right to sell to whomever he wants, being a private-business owner. my point is that the decision to sell, or not to sell a firearm to someone should be part of SOP when determining the buyer's profile (yes, I did say profile).

As a side note, any tattooist worth their salt will not tattoo someone if they are 'under the influence' regardless if the person is old enough to have a tattoo.

If I don't feel that the person in front of me who wants to buy a firearm should do so, that is my right to not sell it to him (or her).  If a person comes in drunk, acting stupid, or both - he does not walk out with a firearm.

Regardless, if a person wants a firearm, they will find a way to get one.

And, why are there no mass shootings at Mime conventions?
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Business Owner's Discretion?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 01:58:19 PM »
...And, why are there no mass shootings at Mime conventions?

There are, but only with silencer-equipped guns.   ::)
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 06:37:42 PM »
My opinion, if at the age of say between 18-20 is to young to own Or purchase a firearm, then everyone between that age, should refuse to join the ARMED forces!
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

LEJoe

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 04:09:58 AM »
My opinion, if at the age of say between 18-20 is to young to own Or purchase a firearm, then everyone between that age, should refuse to join the ARMED forces!

I agree.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 02:36:29 PM »
Me, too.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 03:15:27 PM »
While I tend to agree...

I joined the U.S.of Army at the tender age of 17 (my Mother had to sign-off on me, of course). So, I could not buy a firearm of any length. However, before my 18th birthday I had qualified with the M14, got to shoot a 'Ma-deuce' and pulled the switch on the M60A1 tank's 105mm. I also had the chance to fire the M60,  play with the M79, and qualify with the 1911. Of course, there was the M16, but I had turned 18 years old by the time I got to play with it. Lest I forget about pulling the pin on a few grenades, we also have that.

With that said, I could buy a long gun when I was overseas or stateside. And, when I turned twenty-one I purchased my first handgun.

So yes, you have a point.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

RayMich

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 01:59:00 PM »
I agree completely!
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry