Author Topic: It's That Time Again!  (Read 673 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
It's That Time Again!
« on: December 29, 2017, 11:58:04 AM »
Ayup! Another year's end is on the near horizon.  A new year always brings about what we intend to do the next year. Some of which are kept while others are not. We call them "New Year Resolutions."  Simply put, we make a firm decision to do or not to do something. Most often, there are multiples of somethings.

I can wrap my resolution(s) up in in three steps;

• Aim at my target. The smaller the target the better.
  • Squeeze the trigger, but know what lies beyond the target.
  • Follow through and continue to achieve my goals.
Happy New Year one and all!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: It's That Time Again!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 11:29:14 PM »
And to you as well!

This year I didn't get up to the gun club to shoot my own stuff, even once.
My resolution for 2018 is to spend time on the range at least once a month.
Sounds good to me!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

OR53, out

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 04:45:18 AM »
Hope all has a great New Year, May all your goals become realities,
I myself have not made it to a range all year, or last for that matter, I know not good, but with the injury to my arm in 2016, and the complications I had with that, then selling our home to build a new custom home, it been a hectic time, we finally moved in to our new home 9 days ago, So! My New Years resolution will been to get to the range once a month as well as OR53’s, hope all has a great time whether spending time with family or friends or a combination of both, please be safe, and we will see you next year
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 05:30:34 AM »
I don't make resolutions but hope all your come to fruition. Happy new year to all of you. I enjoy being here with keyboard friends. 

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 09:38:38 AM »
Just for clarification, my resolution were for things in general. As I get older, I don't shoot for completing lofty goals. I find that achieving small goals is just as satisfying. 

I am fortunate in belonging to a local gun club/range that is relatively close by my homestead. Every Sunday is a planned range day. I have breakfast at a Waffle House that is near to the range with one of my shooting companions. We usually arrive at the range before they open and another shooting companion joins us for usual discussion about firearms, work, etc.  I have made some good friends and range day is the one thing that I look forward to each week. It is my "down-time" and a time to relax among friends.

This morning I got to convince my son-in-law to purchase a handgun that he doesn't need. I got to shoot my Ruger American Rimfire Target 22 WMR that I don't need. Next week I get to shoot a pistol that I don't own (nor will), and I will produce a review of it at sometime later.

I find that, because I am an introverted thinker, it is harder for me to begin a journey than to end one.  I find that beginning a journey is a small goal in itself. Some journeys have been worth starting, while others should have been left cast by the wayside. Some of my journeys have not been worth the price of admission. And, I am sure that there are some that can relate to that.

In looking forward, I can only say that somewhere in all of this horse manure there has to be a pony.

Once again, Happy New Year to all of my forum friends!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 04:30:42 PM »
Same here!

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 09:46:19 PM »
My resolution is to make No My Resolutions
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 11:30:43 PM »
I hereby resolve not to "act my age," ever again!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."