Author Topic: White Lives Matter Rally  (Read 200 times)

pop pop

White Lives Matter Rally
« on: October 28, 2017, 11:52:54 AM »
Someone is having a "white lives matter" rally in our town and another close by, this morning(Murfreesboro TN, Shelbyville TN).

Wet to the public square last evening, to a favorite grocery store, and the Police already had the square and one block surrounding it blocked off. Said they would be controlling entry to the whole area and wanding, with metal detector, all who enter.

They reported, in the Nashville TV news, last evening, city officials said that concealed carry would be totally forbidden. I didn't know a city officials had the authority and could do that!

Also having a same type rally in Shelbyville TN, a nearby city (18mi), also.

I am perplexed as to why they picked our two cities to hold this affair. Supposed to start at 1:00 PM. Hope all is quiet.

Saw an add on the internet, which stated they would pay $500.00 for "Crisis Actors" to show up in either city. If true, I don't quiet know what a "Crisis Actor" is. They gave a man's name and phone number to contact.

I am not a white supremacist and don't agree with any of those types.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: White Lives Matter Rally
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
I strongly suggest that you stay away from the entire area.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

pop pop

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 07:09:40 AM »
I did stay away Steve. I am not in agreement with either side of this issue. It is not my fight, at my age.

According to the news the rally was, for them most part a bust. Not may demonstrators for white lives matter showed up. More counter protesters showed up. The Police kept both sides apart and all that really happened, according to the news media, was a lot of shouting back and forth.

Same was so in the nearby town of Shelbyville TN. The Police did arrest one man for disorderly conduct and another fugitive for outstanding warrants for his arrest.

Interestingly, since the church shooting nearby(Antioch TN), I was put in contact with a Police officer that talks and trains church security people and others in level 1 and 2 self defense. Our preacher wanted me to make contact with him and get him to come and talk to us. I think Antioch is a wake up call for all church leaders in our community that they are going to have to make some prior plans to keep everyone safe in todays world.

The officer I called was the one that made the arrest of the man for parole violations and had the warrant for his arrest in Shelbyville TN.   

Much-ado-about-nothing, I suppose. Any way I am glad they were peaceful and it didn't turn out like Charlottesville.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:23:55 PM »
I too am glad nothing bad happened.

I too believe both sides are squabbling about the wrong things.

Black, white, yellow,  red, doesn't matter.
Right and Wrong doesn't take sides.

The fact that so many people can put so much time, money, and energy into fighting each other tells me that they don't have enough to do in their personal lives.

OR53, out

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »
...The fact that so many people can put so much time, money, and energy into fighting each other tells me that they don't have enough to do in their personal lives.

...Or enough personal responsibility to want to find ways to get along with one-another.
Steve,

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 05:38:37 AM »
'Crisis actors' = paid protestors. So far I've only heard of the progressives doing that. You hear about them busing in out-of-towners, it's often something like that.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

pop pop

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 04:33:51 AM »
Read an article in the local newspaper, this morning, and they stated about 160 White Nationalist and 400 counter protesters showed up in Shelbyville TN, for the early rally.

In Murfreesboro, only 30 White N showed up and 1000 counter protesters showed up. The Police and emergency responders had them separated by a temporary fence between both sets of protesters.

News media is also reporting that the Murfreesboro rally was called off, but 30 people showed up anyway.

The cost, to the state and cities, of these rally's is astronomical. They worked for 2 days just setting up the demonstration areas and had all types of officers, State Police, FBI, City and county Police, and even the National Guard troops manning the perimeters and in between the crowds. Reported they had snipers on the rooftops also.

I am glad there was no violence in either of these rallies. Only on was arrested, in Shelbyville,  for disorderly conduct. No one was arrested in Murfreesboro.

Whoever applied for the permits should be required to pay these safety and security costs, IMO.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 05:40:16 AM »
Whoever applied for the permits should be required to pay these safety and security costs, IMO.

A hard call because that would play right into the progressive's hands. They have deeper pockets. So they would get the free speech shutdown they desire without effort. But the expense to the taxpayer is great. Don't know how to work that out.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 02:22:16 PM »
...Whoever applied for the permits should be required to pay these safety and security costs, IMO.

Free speech, like all necessities, isn't free.
The whole of society bears the cost, so that every voice can be heard.
And that includes voices saying things you don't like.
Steve,