Author Topic: Glock Question  (Read 96 times)

pop pop

Glock Question
« on: September 30, 2017, 07:13:48 AM »
I am seriously thinking of trading my gen 3 Glock 19 for a new gen 5 model and start carrying it again. My gen 3 is just tad too large to feel comfortable in my hand.

My question is, is the gen 5 really smaller in the grip area? Also what is your guys opinions?

I can shoot the Glocks well, and can keep my fingers off the triggers until needed. That seems to be a problem for some, as I heard on the news recently, an officer shot a couch on a hard entry.

I guess I could get a grip reduction, but that would cost as much as a trade for a gen 5.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Glock Question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 09:24:38 AM »
Pop pop, as much as I am not an advocate of Glock, the G19 GEN 4 fits my hand well with a medium insert installed. I recently shot a friend's G19 with the small grip insert and it was extremely comfortable. I have seen "quality" issues with the Gen 5; for example, with one new, in-the-box GEN5 G41, the slide was not even parallel to the frame, the trigger was atrocious (even for a Glock), and I was not impressed by the fit in the hand.  Shop carefully.

By the way, my friend's Gen4 G19 is outfitted with Nickel-Boron slide and barrel, and has a trigger that is as close to a 1911 as I believe one could get. It is one of the few Glock pistols that I am actually somewhat proficient with.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

pop pop

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:35:44 AM »
Sounds like my gen 3 is not all that bad. It is totally reliable for one. I may try and find someone that can do a grip reduction.

I carried my Kahr P 9, in an IWB which does work well, to church, but I would like the round count of the 19 on board should one need that many.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 05:38:27 AM »
For now, I would suggest trying a Gen 4 with the smaller grip module or checking on grip reduction costs for the one you have.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 05:42:57 AM »
You might also want to investigate a change from the stock trigger to a flat trigger. There are three or four out there, of which I can recommend the offerings from Deux Ex Machina (https://www.customglockbarrels.com/) and Suarez International because I have those units in two guns. The flat trigger should shorten the distance your finger has to reach and might be enough to get you better set.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com