Author Topic: Gone Fishing  (Read 630 times)

pop pop

Gone Fishing
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:40:09 PM »
Went fishing yesterday, with 13 year old grandson, and he caught a largemouth bass which was approx. 29" long and weighed 7 1/2 pounds. Nice back to school present, he went back today.

Biggest fish I ever watched being caught. I first thought he was hung up or had a large turtle, but when I seen it's back I knew it was big. He kept saying "Its a giant Poppa, It is a giant. He finally landed it and we took lots of pictures then turned it back. Someone else can catch it now.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Gone Fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:45:34 PM »
The best part is having fun, you with your grandson, and he with his grandpa.

The fish was but a "bit player."
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 01:21:42 AM »
Congratulations pop pop. Making memories that your grandson will pass down to his grandson.  Cool!

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:10:59 AM »
We now plan 3 or 4 trips to water, per year now, so the grandkids can fish. These seem to be real fun outings for them. Mason's 13 year old twin sister gets in on the action also, but does not enjoy fishing as much as he does. He will catch 30 to 40 bluegill every day we are at the lake. He has also gotten good at bass fishing. This fish was his best ever and he is still swelled with pride as his school buddies at school are still wanting to see the pictures we took of the fish. I don't think any of them has caught this big of a bass.

The twins are 13 now and we will have them for a couple more years, but when they get to their driving age, they will find other interest. That will be all right with us, but "man" have they given us great things to do in our retirement. Such memories!

We have spent several summers keeping them while they were out of school on summer break. They started back to school last week. Their first week out of school always is spent camping at Cordell Hull Lake with them bike riding, campfires,(pop corn and schmoors) and fishing. The boat dock, there, has the best Ice Cream I have tasted, and 2 PM is always ice cream time for all.

We have 6 grandchildren, ranging in age from 24 to 7, and enjoy them all. Just attended our 7 year old grand girl's birthday party last week, in Mount Pleasant S. Carolina. She is a trip.

Hope you guys are enjoying your grandchildren. We are.