Author Topic: WOW . . . . To heck with high speed trains . . . Check this out!  (Read 698 times)

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
"Mobile Hotel" lets travelers sleep between LA and San Francisco

When it comes to traveling between Los Angeles and San Francisco, there are planes, trains, automobiles — and now a new bus service that bills itself as a mobile boutique hotel.

Called Cabin, it travels overnight between the two cities, putting up passengers in individual rooms outfitted with comfortable beds, high-end sheets, privacy curtains, power outlets, USB cords, ear plugs and other amenities. When travelers check in for their 11 p.m. trip, they're offered a cup of chamomile tea. When they arrive at their destination — at 7 the next morning — it's espresso.

Here is the link: http://www.scpr.org/programs/take-two/2017/07/20/58081/the-ride-cabin-mobile-hotel-lets-travelers-sleep-b/

If this works out and becomes popular and profitable I would think there would be more poping up here and there and everywhere.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: WOW . . . . To heck with high speed trains . . . Check this out!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 08:44:24 PM »
OK, good idea...but...
At our age, Jean and I both need nearby, convenient, frequently-empty bathrooms, even in the middle of the night. And we're getting a little too creaky to climb in and out of upper berths.
But for the (relatively) young, it's a terrific concept.
We hope that it catches on.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

flyover

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 04:09:11 PM »
Interesting and a neat idea.

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 05:02:29 AM »
Steve, I call late night bathroom trips, "Old Man's Disease." Know whatcha  mean! Bought the tee shirt........

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 11:22:16 AM »
Interesting enough I have written to the author asking about restroom facilities. I will post any information I might receive. Stay by and tune is at 11 for the latest and greatest.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."