Author Topic: Hi-Point 4595TS Carbine Update  (Read 276 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Hi-Point 4595TS Carbine Update
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:45:59 AM »
Many may think that the Hi-Point 4595TS Carbine, or any Hi-Point carbine for that matter, is not worth the money spent to upgrade one.  I am a little bit of a different thinker, in that respect.

My latest journey with the Hi-Point 4595TS Carbine can be read @ Hi-Point 4595TS Carbine Scope Project Updating the Hi-Point 4595TS Carbine: http://guntoters.com/blog/2017/03/29/hi-point-4595ts-carbine-scope-project/
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Hi-Point 4595TS Carbine Update
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:39:52 PM »
I am of your line of thinking regarding these "sub quality" firearms too!

I LOVE my 4095TS!

My red dot cost almost as much as the carbine did...but brothers I'm here to tell ya this combination of stuff brings home the bacon.

Long live the PCC

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »
Hmm! I see some mods that sure look familiar to me.  ;)

And, that looks like a serious optic you have there!
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
Yes, I see that I took that pic before the dual mag accessory and two extra mags showed up.

EDITED:

Try this one...

You can see the mag accessory in this pic...plus a laser I experimented with for a while.

Oh yeah...And I got the two side rails on there, as you can see.  That too was a good mod!

Ya get a LOT of bang for the buck with these firearms!

BTW, I'm not attempting to hijack your thread, only lend support!
I'll shut up now!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:20:40 PM by oldranger53 »
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 05:04:16 AM »
Why did you remove the laser?  An inquiring mind would like to know.

I always enjoy reading or hearing about the experience of others who own and shoot similar firearms.

The 995TC WC is also going to see an optic change.  I'll post a article on that endeavor at a later time.

oldranger53

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »
I thought it looked out of place.  I still have it.  It calls to me sometimes, from a drawer as I walk by.
I may heed the call, someday.

EDITED: changed "need" to "heed" in the last sentence.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:17:18 AM by oldranger53 »

flyover

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 08:21:44 AM »
The one thing that I have trouble with the 4595 series is the limited round count.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 08:33:34 AM »
The one thing that I have trouble with the 4595 series is the limited round count.
To which, I have to agree.  I do not have the stock mount, as you do, that will hold two spare magazines.  What is your opinion of the side-mount magazine holder?

oldranger53

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 04:03:51 PM »
To which, I have to agree.  I do not have the stock mount, as you do, that will hold two spare magazines.  What is your opinion of the side-mount magazine holder?

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll say this about that...
I believe those two mags mounted on the stock will be GREAT if a guy needed to grab this weapon in the dark of the night and go address a threat, on the fly.  Rather than having to fumble around in the dark for an extra mag, there are two on the stock already.
Now, IF I were unfortunate enough to have to rely on this weapon for an extended period of time, like say as a resistance fighter against a nefarious tyrannical government gone rogue...I could see where I'd rather have those two mags within a pouch on my chest (or some other protected place), away from dirt and grime and the elements.
So for some applications, they're GREAT.  Some applications, not so great.  I'd really hate to do a mag change and find one or both of them full of mud and sand, or what have you.

flyover

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »

I don't even own one yet! I should have said that I would own one if it were not for the low round count.
Perhaps you intended that question for oldranger53.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 04:28:09 AM »

I don't even own one yet! I should have said that I would own one if it were not for the low round count.
Perhaps you intended that question for oldranger53.
I suppose that I intended the question to anyone who might be interested in the Hi-Point carbines.  Hi-Point does have a magazine with a larger round count for the 9mm version.

What Hi-Point offers is an affordable PCC for folks that cannot afford more expensive alternatives like the Beretta CX4 Storm and others (http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/top-7-9mm-carbines/#9mmc-gwjj15-keltec). The Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Gen2 would be a good and affordable choice, but availability is questionable. The Hi-Point carbines would probably do well in an HD scenario, but probably not so well against a horde of zombies. Of course, even a bargain basement MSR would probably be my first choice in both scenarios.

oldranger53

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 11:02:55 AM »
Well, zombies move so slowly that I'd be tempted to aim for eye sockets only.
However, since we're talking about the "walking dead" in a zombie apocalypse (ie, they're dead already), occular cavity shots may not make any difference.
Be that as it may, there's no doubt in my mind that my cheap-O PCC would do it, and do it consistently out to at least 30 yards.
Shucks, at that range and and the speed (or lack thereof) zombies move, well, a guy would probably have time to reload his empty mags, rather than doing "combat reloads" all the time.

Too bad we couldn't RENT a few real zombies for live fire practice!

Hummm, I wonder if bullets made of pure silver and cast to semi-wadcutter dimensions would work better than plain lead or JHP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 12:27:38 PM »
Actually, zombies move pretty quick. I wondered why Wal-Mart was so busy today. Then, I realized that it was food stamp day.  ;D

There are changes in progress for the 4595TS and the 995TS WC.  I found a scope that is better suited to the Hi-Point carbine.

The article referenced in this thread will probably go away, but I have not yet decided. I may keep it up, but with some minor changes for those who would consider a 1x optic on a Hi-Point Carbine.  The Sightmark scope is headed elsewhere, and I will reveal where in a separate article.