Author Topic: The Glock "Gadget"  (Read 338 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The Glock "Gadget"
« on: March 23, 2017, 05:47:13 AM »
Despite lacking any manual safeties or disconnects, Glock pistols are perhaps the world’s most popular duty and defensive pistols. But with the rise of Appendix Inside the Waistband (AIWB) carry, some have wondered how suitable the platform is, especially when holstering in such a sensitive area. The guys with Tau Development Group have developed a simple enhancement that may put those fears to rest.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/3/19/nra-gun-gear-of-the-week-glock-striker-control-device-the-gadget/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0317
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 02:21:30 PM by Taurian »
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: The Gock "Gadget"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »
Someone who is stupid enough to reholster through an obstruction, and thereby fire the pistol into his person, is also stupid enough to willfully defeat "the gadget."

This hypothetical stupid person would feel the obstruction, as "the gadget" presses back against his thumb, but, being a stupid person, he would then persist in pressing the gun down into its holster anyway.
Why would he persist? Stupid question! ;-)

This is a Progressive device: It's a typically Progressive attempt to protect us from ourselves.
Instead, it would be better for the Human Race and our planet if Darwinian natural selection were allowed to do its assigned job.
Let "Mr. Stupid" blow a hole through his femoral artery, or shoot his family jewels off. It would occasion a much better result for all of us.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: The Gock "Gadget"
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 02:08:46 PM »
Let "Mr. Stupid" blow a hole through his femoral artery, or shoot his family jewels off. It would occasion a much better result for all of us.
Yes, I think that the propensity would be that if someone felt resistance that they would simply push harder, either into the holster or on the protrusion, to overcome the resistance, which would probably result in one or both of the conditions that you stated. But, the "Gadget" will sell as well as the Sham Wow because it is a feel good product and it provides a measure of perceived security.

I do perceive of a time when somebody will buy one of these things, install it, and in showing how it works to their friend, will proceed to shoot their friend during the demonstration that, as with your last statement, serves humanity just as well. "Hey Bubba! Let me point this here loaded pistol at you so I can show how this safety device works!"
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: The Glock "Gadget"
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:09:17 PM »
Someone who is stupid enough to reholster through an obstruction, and thereby fire the pistol into his person, is also stupid enough to willfully defeat "the gadget."

This hypothetical stupid person would feel the obstruction, as "the gadget" presses back against his thumb, but, being a stupid person, he would then persist in pressing the gun down into its holster anyway.
Why would he persist? Stupid question! ;-)

This is a Progressive device: It's a typically Progressive attempt to protect us from ourselves.
Instead, it would be better for the Human Race and our planet if Darwinian natural selection were allowed to do its assigned job.
Correct!
I couldn't have said it better!

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: The Glock "Gadget"
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:11:47 PM »

<snip>

I'm all for it.
Hopefully "Mr. Stupid" will do so BEFORE he can breed and produce more little "Stupids" on the planet.

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.