Author Topic: Adding Optics to a Henry AR-7  (Read 604 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Adding Optics to a Henry AR-7
« on: March 20, 2017, 06:45:10 AM »
Read about the trials and tribulations of placing optics on the Henry AR-7 U.S. Survival Rifle:

Optics and the Henry AR-7 U.S. Survival Rifle Is the Challenge Worth It?: http://guntoters.com/blog/2017/03/20/optics-and-the-henry-ar-7-u-s-survival-rifle/

Comments regarding the article are always welcomed!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Adding Optics to a Henry AR-7
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 02:10:47 PM »
Did I miss something? Did I read too quickly?
What happened when you zeroed, then removed, and then replaced your choice of optical sight?
Was zero maintained?

BTW: I am in awe of your photo manipulations.
Your ever-changing graphics were as interesting as your text.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Adding Optics to a Henry AR-7
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:55:16 PM »
Did I miss something? Did I read too quickly?
What happened when you zeroed, then removed, and then replaced your choice of optical sight?
Was zero maintained?

BTW: I am in awe of your photo manipulations.
Your ever-changing graphics were as interesting as your text.
I guess that I did forget to cover that. Although I did not get to try removing and re-installing the scope, I did remove and re-install the red dot sight. The shift in POI was minimal and I added three clicks of left-windage. With that said, I don't know if it was the sight or me just loosing concentration.  I will say that because of the top rail, The red dot sight sat flat against it and that made the sight a bit more stable than trying to fumble around with a round receiver with very little groove; there is a lot more "meat" for tightening the sight.

When I put three rounds in one hole at twenty-five yards, while using the scope, I was very pleasantly surprised. Henry has done a very good job with the AR-7, and their customer service is top notch.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.