Author Topic: Intense Back Pain  (Read 325 times)

pop pop

Intense Back Pain
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »
I just spent the week in intense back pain. When I got up in the morning my lower back(right side) hurt so bad I had to hold onto a cane, and the wall, just to get too the kitchen to make coffee. As the day progressed, and I took meloxicam and an aspirin, it got better, but was still very bad. I had previously noticed I started having slight pain about 6 weeks ago, just in the mornings, and it has steadily gotten worse. Went to our daughters in Feb, and slept on a new mattress. The pain continued slowly getting worse by the day.

My wife has contracted the flu so last Friday we took her to the walk in clinic and they confirmed (nose swab) she has the flue. I told her since she was coughing so much I was going to sleep in the lazy boy for a couple nights. Walla! My back pain (85-90%)ceased in 2 days.

My brother in law called to check on his sister and he has had back problems for the last 30 years. Told him what was happening, and he said I needed to get 2 pillows, and put them under my knees, when lying on my back, in bed.

I am still sleeping in the lazy boy, and 90% of back pain gone. I will try B-I-L's suggestion of the pillows when I get back into my bed.

I have had 2 neck surgeries and sure thought I was headed for lower back surgery. At my last MRI, of my back, my Neurologist said my lower back was worse than my neck(spinal stenosis).

Hope this might help some of you guys. It was a revelation to me.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Intense Back Pain
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:21:55 AM »
I have put up with the discomfort of minor back pain since my last motorcycle accident in '92 that sent shivers up my spine. The pain in my ass; however, left in '91 after a divorce.  ;)
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 05:58:44 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about all that pain, pop pop.
Back in 2010, when I broke 2 ribs, someone suggested that I try sleeping in a chair.  The logic was that somehow, gravity would not pull down so much on the rib cage and hurt less.
I found that it worked, somewhat.
I mean, there's only so much one can do with broken ribs except wait for them to heal.

Again, sorry to hear about it.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 05:24:24 AM »
I tried the pillows under my knees last evening. Had a hard time adjusting, but finally got about 6 hrs sleep. Did not have a lot of back pain this morning. Hope it stays that way, or surgery will be in my future.