Author Topic: Anti-Gun NY SAFE Act Costs Empire State Another 122 Jobs  (Read 275 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Anti-Gun NY SAFE Act Costs Empire State Another 122 Jobs
« on: March 10, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »
Remington Arms is laying off another 122 workers at itís historic Ilion, NY factory, and New York only has its anti-liberty Democrat Party to blame.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/03/10/anti-gun-ny-safe-act-costs-empire-state-another-122-jobs/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Anti-Gun NY SAFE Act Costs Empire State Another 122 Jobs
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »
I've been up and down the Erie Canal several times, from my young-boyhood through my descent into dotage, and I am still shocked by the disappearance of the once-vibrant manufacturing economy which used to line the waterway.
Remington, in Ilion, was one of the two remaining large manufacturing businesses. If Remington goes, I believe that Beech-Nut Gum will be all that's now left. General Electric still has corporate offices in Schenectady, I think, but certainly no manufacturing.
The Erie Canal was the center-line of gun manufacturing, shoe manufacturing, glove manufacturing, food manufacturing, and electric-motor, -appliance, and light-bulb manufacturing for the entire US. Now there is nothing but empty big buildings with broken windows.

I think that the blame lies not only in politics, but also in the supposedly-desirable weakness of the dollar, which made manufacturing flee overseas to find cheaper labor.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."