Author Topic: SIG SAUER Elite Performance Ammo Test & Review (2017 Update – Part II)  (Read 476 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
I positioned myself in my usual "modified" Weaver stance and aimed my EDC (a Rock Island Armory 1911 FS Tactical) at the target some ten yards distant. I fired eight rounds of Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammunition, SIG V-Crown, 230-grain JHP; ammunition that I had purchased and was testing for accuracy and reliability. The rating by the manufacturer is 830fps at 352 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle.

At seven rounds fired, I had to stop. All I was seeing was one hole that was ever so slightly to the left and low at the outer perimeter of the 1" bull's eye circle.  Was I actually hitting the target? I shifted my aim to just above the bull's eye and fired the remaining cartridge. A nice, large hole appeared in the target just  slightly low of my point of aim.

Pulling the target forward, a large, singular hole that could be covered with a quarter attested to the fact that seven rounds ended up in a single hole. Although I am fairly accurate with this pistol, I am not that accurate.  This was not out of an expensive, high-end pistol, this was out of a RIA 1911!  Care to take a guess as to what ammunition I will be carrying in this EDC from here on out?. The Sig ammunition was absolutely smooth feed, smooth shooting, and smooth ejecting.  While I can't attest to what it will do to  the body, I can attest to its accuracy (in this particular pistol at that particular time).

I can't wait to try out some 9mm

SIG SAUER Elite Performance Ammo Test & Review (2017 Update – Part II)
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Hmmm...
Thanks for the tip.
I'll have to try some out for myself.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Yeah, their website is not bad either!  Makes me want some!

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.