Author Topic: Massive ammunition stash stolen from national park  (Read 381 times)

flyover

Massive ammunition stash stolen from national park
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:19:09 AM »
Massive ammunition stash stolen from national park
http://nypost.com/2017/02/10/massive-ammunition-stash-stolen-from-national-park/

By Yaron Steinbuch February 10, 2017 | 4:18pm | Updated

Thousands of rounds of ammunition were stolen at Oregonís Crater Lake National Park ó and the feds are asking for the public to help them find the culprits.

The rifle and pistol ammo was pilfered from a locked building in the parkís headquarters area, the Register-Guard of Eugene, Ore., reported.

The ammo was used as part of the parkís law enforcement program, according to the National Park Service. Its theft is a felony.

Authorities are offering up to $1,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of those responsible for the theft.

Crater Lake National Park is located in the Cascade Mountains of southern Oregon. Itís known for its namesake Crater Lake, formed by the now-collapsed volcano Mount Mazama.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Massive ammunition stash stolen from national park
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
Why the Park Service needs a "massive ammunition stash" in the first place, and why such a thing was stored at Crater Lake, is totally beyond my understanding.

Maybe the rangers occasionally gather in a circle around the huge lake, and shoot into the water to kill all of the dolphins. PETA is there to supervise, of course.

Or maybe not.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 04:10:27 PM »
Yeah, what Steve said!

Crater Lake??? Really???

What possible need, or reason, or excuse could any agency offer for having a massive ammo stash up there?

If ya ask me, they deserved to have it stolen.

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

LEJoe

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 07:02:33 PM »
Wanna buy some?   Shhhhh.... I know a guy...   ;)

flyover

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 07:27:15 AM »
^^^^ HaHaHa!! Shhh!    :-X

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:44:04 AM »
I would shudder to think about how much ammunition (small arms and otherwise) is stored throughout the U.S. for "Government" purposes.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.