Author Topic: I Have Dropped Amazon!  (Read 1607 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
I Have Dropped Amazon!
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:40:09 AM »
I noticed recently a substantial increase in the prices that Amazon. com is charging on some of their products.  I have been able to find products at much lower prices than Amazon. Aside from that, shipping has slowed to a crawl, unless you are willing to pay the price for expedited shipping, and that only applies once the product is shipped out the door. Sometimes, the time period between when the product(s) was ordered, and when it is finally shoved out the door, is beyond what I have come to expect.  For example, orders that I place through Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt, and The Sportsman's Guide are usually shipped either the same day or the following day.

On a third note, I found out that Amazon is supporting the lawsuit against President Trump for his immigration order(Amazon will support Washington state as it challenges Trump's immigration order in court: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-update-1-state-of-washington-says-to-sue-to-stop-trump-immigration-order-2017-1). This is totally unacceptable by me.

If you wish to support Amazon.com, I leave that entirely up to you.  As for me, my dealings with them is done.

Granted, that some of Amazon.com's prices are sometimes lower than what you will find elsewhere, but I will spend a little more money rather than support Amazon's agenda.

And, that's all I have to say about this.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 01:31:09 PM by Taurian »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: I Have Dropped Amazon!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:25:16 PM »
Thanks for the information.
I'll use it.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:45:52 PM »
Me too! Thanks Taurian.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:40:07 PM »
Thanks for the information.
I'll use it.
Me too.
I'm gonna have to find out more of the nitty gritty on this one.
Heard about it a couple days ago on the news.
Got an update from "talking points" tonight that tends to make me think the whole court blockage thing will vanish.
Truly, the whole thing should not be an issue to begin with.

I have a bad feeling about this whole "anti Trump movement".
Nothing good will come of it, I promise.

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »
You're in good company, apparently. A Liberal group is also boycotting the company:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/10/buy-ivanka-amazon1/
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 02:34:17 PM »
You're in good company, apparently. A Liberal group is also boycotting the company:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/10/buy-ivanka-amazon1/
I disagree with the first part of your statement. I agree with the second part of your statement. I lean Libertarian, not liberal.  Illegal immigration is causing irreparable harm unless it can be contained and controlled. Ivanka Trump's line of goods is doing no harm. While I am open-minded in regard to new behaviors or opinions, I am not willing to discard traditional values for acceptance of them. Vetting immigrants was part of our traditional values - until our government decided to discard those values by disregarding the law for their own idealism to prosper.

I just know that you didn't mean to lump those who wish not to do business with Amazon.com, because they do not support Amazon's support for illegal immigration, in with liberal lunatics!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 07:48:32 AM »
I just know that you didn't mean to lump those who wish not to do business with Amazon.com, because they do not support Amazon's support for illegal immigration, in with liberal lunatics!

I don't know. I thought the agreement between you and the liberal group was amusing.

A lot of companies have gone in for support of II. I doubt we know all of them. I don't think we can be sure we're shopping with complete ideological purity any more.

Or I may be sad that you're not going to buy any more books I publish since I only publish on Amazon and am taking out my frustration about the potential loss of income on you.

Could be any. Could be all. I don't know.

I do know I hate Oracle. It is a tool of Satan, right up there with Tabata, burpees, and ab wheels. That much I know.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 08:42:27 AM »
I don't know. I thought the agreement between you and the liberal group was amusing.

Click bait?

A lot of companies have gone in for support of II. I doubt we know all of them. I don't think we can be sure we're shopping with complete ideological purity any more.

I fear that you are correct

Or I may be sad that you're not going to buy any more books I publish since I only publish on Amazon and am taking out my frustration about the potential loss of income on you.

I would purchase through your web site, since I am a hard copy fan.

I do know I hate Oracle. It is a tool of Satan, right up there with Tabata, burpees, and ab wheels. That much I know.

Although Oracle may work in the clouds, it was spawned from the depths of hell.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 05:36:42 AM »
By going to smile.amazon.com, you can by purchasing automatically make donations to various charities including the Second Amendment Foundation.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 11:42:55 AM »
I will check them out.

flyover

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2017, 12:36:50 PM »
By going to smile.amazon.com, you can by purchasing automatically make donations to various charities including the Second Amendment Foundation.

This is what I did. I kinda hope it ticks Amazon off.