Author Topic: Flint River CSA45  (Read 1861 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Flint River CSA45
« on: February 06, 2017, 04:25:58 AM »
For you fans of PCCs!

Flint River Armory CSA45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmNB0HBVsc

- or -

Watch it here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmNB0HBVsc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmNB0HBVsc</a>
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

Re: Flint River CSA45
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 09:17:00 AM »
Just what I don't need but I want one!

gunflintdoc

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »
Nice

flyover

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 04:10:40 PM »
Went to their website, retail is almost $1600.00. For that kind of money I think I would buy a High Point carbine and more reloading supplies.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 05:16:52 AM »
There are other alternatives besides Hi-Point. Yes, they cost more. Not as much as the CSA45, though. The Aero Survival Rifle in .45 ACP is one I like. Uses Glock magazines and will convert to 10mm without tools.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

flyover

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »
There are other alternatives besides Hi-Point. Yes, they cost more. Not as much as the CSA45, though. The Aero Survival Rifle in .45 ACP is one I like. Uses Glock magazines and will convert to 10mm without tools.

Not a bad looking rifle and at about half the price of the CSA45. I found a review of the Aero Survival Rifle and they were satisfied with it.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 02:26:33 PM »
I had the opportunity to handle a semi-auto Thompson a couple of years ago. Very nice rifle but man is it heavy!

You know if you let me win the lottery, price would not be a problem! Now the hernia of the UPS driver might be an issue. ;D

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 05:44:47 AM »
For a price less than one of those, you can have one of these:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/auto-ordnance-thompson-m1-semi-auto-carbine-45-acp-165-smooth-barrel-30-round-stick-magazine-blade-front-sight-fixed-battle-rear-walnut-stock-forend-blued-finish-tm1-602686221009.do

It doesn't take Glock magazines, you can't shift calibers without tools, it's an old heavy design, and I don't deal with CTD after what they did during one of the runs on magazines a few years back.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 12:24:54 PM »

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/auto-ordnance-thompson-m1-semi-auto-carbine-45-acp-165-smooth-barrel-30-round-stick-magazine-blade-front-sight-fixed-battle-rear-walnut-stock-forend-blued-finish-tm1-602686221009.do

It doesn't take Glock magazines, you can't shift calibers without tools, it's an old heavy design, and I don't deal with CTD after what they did during one of the runs on magazines a few years back.
It does accept 100-round drum magazines, it has a fascinating history that I believe will far surpass anything that uses a Glock magazine, was designed to chamber a specific caliber, and was intended to endure the rigors of the battlefield and they proved very capable of doing so - from the jungles of Luzon to the streets of Chicagoand New York. Of course, the Glock pistol seems to have gained a reputation in the streets of Chicago and New York, among others.

What was the issue with CTD? I don't remember there being one, but there might have been one that I missed along the way.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 05:54:24 AM »

It does accept 100-round drum magazines, it has a fascinating history that I believe will far surpass anything that uses a Glock magazine, was designed to chamber a specific caliber, and was intended to endure the rigors of the battlefield and they proved very capable of doing so - from the jungles of Luzon to the streets of Chicagoand New York. Of course, the Glock pistol seems to have gained a reputation in the streets of Chicago and New York, among others.

What was the issue with CTD? I don't remember there being one, but there might have been one that I missed along the way.

History and nostalgia don't work as well for carry and use as more modern designs.

100-rd drums are awkward and heavy, complicate logistics, and aren't much use on a semi-auto design. And full-auto or select-fire is so limited in practical use you might as well not worry about it. Not to mention having to pay for the silly things. If I'm going to go over 30-40 rounds I got an AR and I have Surefire magazines for that. Much easier than drums to run around with.

If I'm going to go back it's going to be an MP5 clone of some kind.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 06:25:30 AM »
The beauty of the modern world is that we have many more choices than we had "back in the day."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 12:53:37 AM »
Choices, yes we have MANY more choices than ever before!

I always thought the "Thompson 21" was the one I wanted.

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
The beauty of the modern world is that we have many more choices than we had "back in the day."

Which is your way of saying "I have an emotional attachment to an outdated weapon system and you're not going to take that away from me."? :P

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 01:47:35 PM »

Which is your way of saying "I have an emotional attachment to an outdated weapon system and you're not going to take that away from me."? :P
That would apply to my wifey, but not to my firearms.  That would be a most liberal statement to make, and emotion has no place here.  What I am saying is that I weigh the pros and cons of any weapons system with as many factors as I can identify.  Do I appreciate weapons systems of yore? Of course I do! To not appreciate that is to not fully appreciate what brought us to this point in weaponry, and possibly, beyond this point.  I can appreciate a "Brown Bess" musket just as much as I appreciate an AR10 or a Barrett.

By the way, The Glock pistol design is about 35 years old. That is considered an antique, and in a matter of years, it could classify as a curio and relic. That's not bad record for someone who had no experience with firearms design or manufacture.

"Striker-fired" pistols are nothing "new." Heckler and Koch produced a pistol that was both plastic and striker fired in 1970, twelve years earlier than the Glock.  And, "striker-fired" guns actually go back to around 1824 with the advent of bolt-action rifles. So, you can thank old rifles like the Mauser 98, Lee-Enfield, and Mosin-Nagant for the modern "Striker-fired" pistol, which is nothing more than releasing a firing pin that is under spring tension rather than beating it with a hammer, internal or otherwise.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 07:05:56 AM »
"Striker-fired" pistols are nothing "new." Heckler and Koch produced a pistol that was both plastic and striker fired in 1970, twelve years earlier than the Glock.  And, "striker-fired" guns actually go back to around 1824 with the advent of bolt-action rifles. So, you can thank old rifles like the Mauser 98, Lee-Enfield, and Mosin-Nagant for the modern "Striker-fired" pistol, which is nothing more than releasing a firing pin that is under spring tension rather than beating it with a hammer, internal or otherwise.

Stop confusing things with facts so much. It messes up the effect.

That's one thing I think a lot of people keep forgetting, the actual age of the 'modern' Glock design.

www.inshadowinlight.com